Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Sort By Date?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ZascarHome userMember since 2001
Hi,

A feature I would really like to see is where you can view all your mp3 fiels in the order in which they were created. I, like many Atomix users I'm sure, have a lot of mp3's and I download a lot on a regular basis, and it would be nice to be able to see them listed in the order in which you downloaded them.

Thanks

Posted Sat 25 Jan 03 @ 5:08 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just create a seperate folder named "new". As you rip new songs into your library keep them there until they aren't new anymore.

Posted Sat 25 Jan 03 @ 9:20 pm
ZascarHome userMember since 2001
Yes I do know, I already haev a folder like this, but I still want to be able to arrange the files in the Order in which I have downloaded them... I dunno, maybe its just me, but I think it is a feature that Atomix needs...

Posted Mon 27 Jan 03 @ 12:49 am
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
As a thought.... you could use the heading for comments and do something like
01/99
01/2000
01/2001
05/2003
or how ever you want to date your songs....then by clicking on the heading "comments" it will alphabetize .... one click .... asending....another click....decending.
You might want to try that.
Carman

You can put what ever you want after the date you do up for other comments ... it will alphabetize from left to right.
In other words you could have.
01/22/2003 slow into :05 ..... or what ever.

Posted Fri 31 Jan 03 @ 6:41 am
YodaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I posted a request about this a long time ago - but I got shot down in flames by various people at the time. However the suggestion about editing the comment field works because that's what I've been doing for about 6 months now. The format I use is yyyy-mm-dd. With any luck they may put in a feature to support this properly soon because it's a pain having to enter the info manually. We can but hope.

Posted Fri 28 Feb 03 @ 7:35 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
It's really not that difficult if you are updating your music all the time just name your folders accordingly.

Posted Sun 02 Mar 03 @ 9:41 am
Seriously... naming files by date when the info is already available through the filesystem.. this sux!

How much sence would an MP3-archive make if all the folders were put into new folders with dates as names? it would be a serious pain in the ass to find them AND if you use the search-function it still wouldn't have any effect.. or..well I was in a hurry there, there are fields for Drive and Path now that I think of it but it makes no sence.

Adding the modified(or created if that's easier) timestamp of the file would be much easier... I'm not ever going to go through my entire MP3-archive and renaming every file and folder just so that it can be sorted in a particular way in Atomix, especially not if it's something as easy to add to the program as this is.

This date-field in the filelists along with actual artist/title-info from ID3 would REALLY make Atomix a LOT better and easier to use with already existing MP3-archives..

I mean, it's not like people get Atomix first and THEN start to get MP3's..they're already present so Atomix should conform to what's available information-wise instead of forcing us to rename files just to be able to sort them (properly) by artist or date for example.

Posted Tue 04 Mar 03 @ 12:15 pm
Windows XP is wonderful.

Open your MP3 folder in an explorer window, sort them however you darn well please.......

then click and drag the file from the explorer window, down to ur task bar over ur atomix taskbar button, when it gets there it'll flash up the atomix window...drop it in either desk or the playlist.

I have to admit i didn't figure that one out...another DJ friend of mine did.

Yeah it doesn't make sense. But it works : )

Posted Wed 02 Apr 03 @ 11:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)