Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Scratching

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have been using atomix now for a little under three years and have only really just messed about with the scratch feature not thinking, if you pardon my expression that the feature was up to scratch. But after spending the last five hours purely scratching audio bullies I started to get a decent technique and actually got close to some professional sounding scratching the only thing hindering me was my lame touch pad on my laptop, you have to hold the button down, and scratch the track and use my exrenal crossfader. Pretty tricky huh. My question is, does anyone know of any external pointing devices specificaly designed for music applications. ie, like one big touch pad with extra buttons. Or are there any other kind of devices that can follow my finger with maximum precision. I had a look at final scratch but at £600 its a bit much, plus it renders atomix useless and your basically just mixing with turntables only you have thousands of mp3's. No clever looping functions or pitch enabling, plus it only allows two deck mixing. Please help. Thanx
Jukesy.
Ps: My mix cd that i have been working on for the past eight weeks is nearly ready, 50 or so tunes squeezed into 70 mins of non stop music, including Hip - hop, rock, dance, and electronic plus some classic tunes and some brand new unrealeased ones that just couldnt be left off. Ill put it on kazaa when done. Im Trying to get a record label for it if anyones interested, Getting licences could be tricky though. Soulwax couldnt even manage it.

Posted Sat 18 Jan 03 @ 9:22 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Keep me updated jukesy, would like to hear it.

Posted Sat 18 Jan 03 @ 9:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)