Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Previewing track with 1 soundcard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jimbovHome userMember since 2003
I know....it's a thread i can find around...

But i have read stuff about y-splitters and to that effect and i am buffled...

Anyone that can provide info from scratch on how to setup up (cables) and perform (through ATOMIXMP3) being able to preview the track only with 1 soundcard...

i am thinking of buying the full version...it's worth every €!

Help will be greatly appreciated....

Posted Sat 18 Jan 03 @ 2:03 am
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There is a link that can be provided to show you graphics on how to hook up the cables..... will be glad to provide after you become a member, by purchase of the software.

Posted Sat 18 Jan 03 @ 2:47 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's true, you can use either a Stereo splitter, or a USB sound device as a 2nd sound card to enable you to preview the next song, while one is playing. However these important sound configuration options are NOT available in the demo version. To use these features, you must purchase the full version of Atomixmp3.
(remember, that will also give you full access to all of the effects plug-ins. For $59.95, it's a bargain.)

Posted Tue 21 Jan 03 @ 12:43 am
I have the same problem with previewing tracks with 1 soundcard. Any help and the above mentioned link is appreciated. i am a licensed user of AtomixMp3. Thanks!!

Posted Tue 21 Jan 03 @ 6:01 am
sutekhHome userMember since 2002
Hi DJ Home Boy,
Please tell me how i can possible preview a sond when i only got one sound card.
Thanks for helping

Posted Fri 14 Feb 03 @ 10:12 pm
dj 80sHome userMember since 2003
I have used a creative 5.1 Soundcard and Managed to Play on output A and preview on output B (set soundcard for 4 channel) I wasn't happy with the quality and prever the old 2 channel creative labs card.
If you have AMD cpu, then you got onboardsound and you onley need one extra soundcard.

Good luck

Posted Sun 23 Feb 03 @ 9:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)