Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin idea... what's usefull and what's not ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MaXuSHome userMember since 2004
Hi there ...

My first question to you atomix users:
- I am willing to create a skin. But the coordinates etc ... isnt there any tool that can make this alot easier then with photoshop writing down every coordinate ?

if some there i'd like to know.

To get on a bit with my idea: i refer to
http://ruler.student.utwente.nl/skin.jpg ... im pretty far for my design.

The main idea is to separate all the functions of atomix into several components like hardware modules u would have on a desk. Here immediately some questions raise.

- 2 Mp3 players: Is 1 cue point enough ? i know 5 are available.
mp3 functions: Play - cue - effects - pitch (self only) and loops (which i use myself mostly 8-beat loop)

- Wave editor: Since most of it is automatically: Does it need to be very large? large bars make the scratch or manual wave winding slow in my experience.

- Beat matcher: Controlls remote functions of synchronising beat pitch and also should -automix- (though i like to fade with bass mid and high myself ;)

- Channel mixer: The component which should controll the volume and equaliser functions and fade from player 1 to player 2.

Who has idea's ? ... ;) any comments are welcome.
- Beat matcher: This

Posted Mon 13 Jan 03 @ 12:11 pm
... This should find the beat tabs - set pitch and eventually synchronise both channels

The channel mixer - sets volume and equaliser functions. Question : Who uses the volume if Gain function and gain matching is used most of the times ?

Any comments or suggestions are welcome

Posted Mon 13 Jan 03 @ 12:13 pm
round equaliser knobs!!

Posted Tue 14 Jan 03 @ 5:14 pm
yes ?

i have those ... what about it? :)

Posted Tue 14 Jan 03 @ 5:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)