Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: OOOOOHHHHHHHHH I Just got my Behringer VMX-300 !!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Oh baby .... My Behringer VMX-300 just arrived this morning. Lemme say it's f*cking SWEEEETTT !!!!

It mixes so smoothly .... the sound quality is so nice .... the faders are smooth .... packed w/ features !!!!!!!! I only got it for $135 USD too !!!! The place I got it from was:

http://www.ultrasonicdj.com

I think they lowered the price on them to $125 (plus shipping of course). For those of you looking for a higher-end mixer and want to save big. The only thing thats crap about it is the beatcounter (which are HOPELESS).

Cheers.

Posted Fri 10 Jan 03 @ 2:46 am
the beat counters are very poor with atomix but are very good with vinyl! :-)

Posted Fri 10 Jan 03 @ 6:47 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
wow!! 125.00 for a mixer with an onboard beat counter... that's INSANE!

Posted Fri 10 Jan 03 @ 6:48 pm
I also got the VMX-200. It has everything i need. Just basic features, but this brand it`s simply our best choise on the dj`s market. No complaints at all.

Posted Sat 01 Feb 03 @ 6:06 am
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
I went for the VMX 200 as I don't need a third input - mind you, I wish the VMX 200 had the EQ kill switches.

I agree that the beatcounter is a waste of time - Just as well we don't need it with Atomix!!!!

Cheers,

Jack.

Posted Mon 03 Feb 03 @ 3:15 pm
I was suggesting that $125.00 for a mixer with a beat counter is an insanely cheap price! Actually, a beat counter especially using Atimix is essential! I'm finding that more and more I am forced to rely on my mixers beat counter. To suggeat that that it's a waste is very short sighted. When mixing a hip hop set, perhaps as many as 25% of the selections will have incorrectly reported BPM's. The ability to count them correctly in a hurry is extremely helpful!

Posted Mon 03 Feb 03 @ 3:58 pm
OMG !!! LOL !!! The beat counters on my mixer are CRAP !!! They are CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rick, they can't even report BPM's on Dance tracks on steady beats.

They are rather "cosmetic" instead of functional.

Posted Mon 03 Feb 03 @ 4:37 pm
ouch, that sucks... don't they have a manual override? My Numark has about the same accuracy as Atomix, but there is an assist button, you tap it on the best 4-8 times, to help it find the actual beat, then it reports, and constantly updates. I love it!

Posted Mon 03 Feb 03 @ 6:18 pm
The manual override is terrible too ! It's useless. It seems to be that Behringer always has to incorporate a useless feature on their mixers.

They had to include the terrible 'sampler' on the DX-500 which was useless.

They put those useless crappy beatcounters on all their VMX series mixers.

I don't care much about them anyways ... even if they did work ... they're just a time-saver. Good DJ's can beatmatch manually by ear, and don't need training wheels. Rick, what does an experienced DJ like yourself need beatcounters for anyway :p ?

Posted Mon 03 Feb 03 @ 7:14 pm
Oh man... what a loaded question... I've seen the experienced DJ's back in the vinyl days, and the first days of CD's. Every booth had a stopwatch, and a marker (the better ones had an actual lable maker). All the new 12" goods were counted... (timed for 15 seconds, multiply by 4) and marked, then arranged by BPM. The racks in the booth were filled with probably thousands of 12" pieces, all arranged by bpm, from the lowest, up to the highest, with a seperate section for the slow songs. (and anything else deemed unmixable) Yes indeed if it's not counted I'm still going to know what set of songs in belongs with, but if it is counted, and counted properly I'll know where it goes the first time I load it up, I don't have to load it, give it a listen, and try to figure out where it will slip seemlessly into the set... Pull it from the deck, and hunt it down again. If I'm working, and I have a mixed set going and the hottie of the night wanders up wanting a certain song played. If I know the bpm, I can start stearing towards it and usually get it in the next 2-3 songs. A good beat counter definately makes my job easier. It's not impossible without it, but I have more time to think about other things, and enjoy what I'm doing more, and interact better with the crowd if I don't have to count and manually edit beats.

Posted Mon 03 Feb 03 @ 9:10 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've seen DJs that can beatmatch with vinyl in about 5-10 seconds. They don't need any counters.

Posted Tue 04 Feb 03 @ 8:21 pm
That's good for them. Years ago when I was spinning vinyl I never had any problems either. However beatcounter technology exists. No reason not to use it. I'm not less of a DJ just because I use a beat counter. The people I work for 5 times every week never complained that I use a beat counter.

Posted Tue 04 Feb 03 @ 8:37 pm
What's there to complain about. I mean if you're using digital technology like CD players or atomix ... mine as well have them if it will save some time. Pro DJ's can beatmatch 5 - 10 seconds within a half a beat. Realistically it takes about 20 secs to have it dead on.

Posted Wed 05 Feb 03 @ 1:14 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes I agree, but unfortunatly here in San Francisco there are a lot of very picky, hardcore clubbers who pay attention to all those details and then complain about them on the forums. I couldn't get any gigs playing with Atomix at some clubs for that reason. They want to see turntables, with amazing selection.

Posted Thu 06 Feb 03 @ 1:29 am
do you have 2 tables now trip? I'm soooooo happy with my stanton's. I don't have a lot of money, and these turned out to be incredible starter decks. I only use atomix now to basically just use as a player, as if I were to use winamp. I have to say though, having used atomix for a full year before I got my tables helped a LOT!! I'm pretty good at beatmatching. I'm pretty solid with house/trance, and am now moving on to jungle. I only have a few jungle albums, but I'm halfway decent with them. I got ordered some sweeet jungle today from chemical records and am eagerly waiting for those to arrive.

phatty720
dave

Posted Thu 06 Feb 03 @ 2:43 am
I conteplated getting them, however its just not practical for my needs. They seem really fun ... but not enough to drop hundreds of bucks on. I am just a STudent-bedroom-DJ just fucking around. And if i were to get them ... I'd get 1200's ... with TT's its an all or nothing shot. 10 Million DJ's can't go wrong.

You can beatmatch Jungle fast (with 180 BPM tempos) !!! I've seen this one guy do it on a CD player with 6 seconds.

Posted Thu 06 Feb 03 @ 4:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)