Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A New Hope :O)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just recently Native Instruments (www.nativeinstruments.de) released DJ Studio Traktor 2.0. This is a very similar program to Atomixmp3 allbeit with slightly more professional features and interface....most notably

1) asio driver support
2) decent mp3 codec
3) midi implementation

I had been following this software for quite sometime now and was quite anxtious to test it out. Finally the other day I did and oh my father, what a let down. All the new features I mentioned are great, and it sounds awesome using the asio configuration. Guess what the let down was? the beat matching. Everytime a new 'professional' program like this is released I always find myself running back to Atomix with my tail between my legs. I wont even start how cr@p it is at detecting bpm, syncing and matching.

Ive been using atomix since version 1.0, I even had its predecessor 'Virtual DJ' which was pretty awesome to.
I have tried several 'professional' dj programs in the last couple of years...

BPM Studio
PCDJ Red
American DJ
Visual Discomix
Traktor
Mix Vibes pro

All the above programs have a more professional interface than atomix does, but not the ease of use and certainly not the excellent beat matching system we have all come to love.

So I guess my point of this post is just to give the atomix guys a big pat on the back and good luck with the new more powerfull version. keep the simplicity and stick in a few professional tweaks we would all like to see :O) I love the software and use it everyday.

On a side note im Hopefully implementing atomix into a local club which can hold 3500 (ooer) its in Reading, England. I will post it here nearer the date, maybe some of the UK peeps could come along (trance, hard/acid trance)

Cheers

ps - Gatecrasher @ the NEC this weekend (www.gatecrasher.com/connected)
Armin, tiesto, bond etc mmmmmm :O)

Flex

Posted Wed 13 Nov 02 @ 7:44 pm
flexHome userMember since 2001
some reason it posted that annoymous ??? ah well :O)

Flex

Posted Wed 13 Nov 02 @ 7:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)