Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Volume Level

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Why is it when I launch Atomixmp3, my volume levels go all the way up? I have to readjust them everytime I launch it.
Also, what is a good volume level when using external mixer? Thanks!

Posted Sat 09 Nov 02 @ 6:33 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Enable multi instance to prevent your volume from raising to full when opening Atomix. A good level I would say for an external mixer would be somewhere between 3 and 5.

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Posted Sat 09 Nov 02 @ 8:35 am
Thank you for your help!
Are you talking about 3 to 5db level in soundcard control panel?

Posted Sat 09 Nov 02 @ 6:01 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
For what it's worth, I run mine with the windows volumes maxed.

Posted Sat 09 Nov 02 @ 6:31 pm
Wouldn't running it at max cause sound distortion?

Posted Sat 09 Nov 02 @ 7:08 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Well with an onboard soundcard I run it max at the controls. And 3 - 5 db on Atomix's gain.

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Posted Sat 09 Nov 02 @ 7:24 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nope on the distortion. I find that even with the windows volume controls at max, the signal is perhaps just a tad less than a standard CD player puts out.
I try to keep the atomix gain between -1 & +2. For the most part I let the auto gain handle it, but songs that haven't been played before will tend to change it a bit even if you analyse them. If I see it dipping below -1, I'll make a small manual adjustment to as close to 0 as I can get, if I see it moving above +2 I'll make a small adjustment back towards zero.

Posted Sat 09 Nov 02 @ 8:35 pm
Ok, I have a Turn Table hooked up to my mixer along with computer. I just compared volume levels. When windows sound is turned to maximum it's comes to be the same as TT volume. Does everyone else leave their volume in sound control panel at maximum?

Posted Sun 10 Nov 02 @ 2:40 am
RedEyzHome userMember since 2003
I do. I just adjust the gains/main out/channel faders on my mixer for optimal sound quality.

Posted Wed 13 Nov 02 @ 3:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)