Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: I can help you online with application sharing of messenger

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

if anyone is interested e-mail me
dimitris_tsanak@hotmail.com

application sharing is an easy feature of windows messenger you open atomix which i can control from my computer showing you the basics in mixing.Off course mistakes can happen on mixing as i am not able to hear my mix.But i have done it (mix with closed ears) before and the results was not so bad.Anyway the point is too help by showing you how i mix.i am not telling that i am some vip dj or something like that i just want to help and there some things that i cannot explain with typing.Thats all
cheers
cj-dimitrist
http://cj-dimitrist.tripod.com/

Posted Wed 25 Sep 02 @ 4:49 pm
btw 7 mixed cds from me are online in case that you want to hear me first.

Posted Wed 25 Sep 02 @ 4:58 pm
i dont understand what you mean!?

Posted Wed 25 Sep 02 @ 5:55 pm
Ok i will be more specific.
what is application sharing.
If you open your msn messenger you will see that there is an option called start application sharing if you right click on one of your contacts.So what is happening.with that application sharing the other users that you select can see and control all the aplications (Programs) that are active on that moment.
so what i propose if you connect with my computer i can see but not hear the way that you mix on your atomixmp3.Also if you give me access i can control your atomixmp3 from my computer.In that way i can saw to the person that is interested the basic principals in mixing and i say the basic principals because i will not hear anything but after using this program since was virtual dj i can manage to make a mix with just the graffics.Also you can take the access from me and continue using alone your atomix by simple pressing any button or pressing a button on your mouse.Its like i am next to you looking at the same monitor.So my thinking is people that have problems in mixing instead to write to them do that dont do that and so on they can just see what am i doing my mixes and i can see how they doing the mix.Both of the people have to be online thats why i gave my e-mail.To organize the time so both of the people to be online.so as you can understand this post is only for helping people starting mixing its lets say a small online mixing school:)

I hope that it was clear enough.

Posted Wed 25 Sep 02 @ 8:50 pm
yes i understand now that is really cool :-)

Posted Wed 25 Sep 02 @ 10:10 pm
Mixing without ANY audio is really hard even with Atomix' beatgraph but I have gotten used to mixing without preview (being a demo-user I don't have those features) and just by looking at the beatgraph, finding some steady, very clear(visually that is) beats and synching them with the beats of the playing track... I don't know if I could do it without hearing the playing track though...

Great idea Dimitri! Online, realtime, interactive tutorials/mixinglessons :)

Posted Fri 27 Sep 02 @ 8:23 am
I aggree but dont forget that the point is to show you the way not to mix for you:)

Posted Fri 27 Sep 02 @ 1:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)