Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Clearing Cue Points and Noise in the Headphones

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jackcuHome userMember since 2004
I used Atomix live for the first time at a party last week and love it. However, I have a couple of questions I can't find in the FAQ.

1. How do I clear cuepoints? I have set a few in the wrong place as I was learning the software and would like to get rid of them and start again. Is there a "clear" function?

2. When cueing in the headphones everything is fine for a while - 10 songs perhaps. Then I begin cueing the next song and I get a very distorted signal in my headphones - so bad I can't make out the song. The only way to cure it is to shut down Atomix and restart it. This sorts the problem out 9 times out of 10. Is this a software problem or a sound card problem? My set up is - Soundblaster Live Platinum as my main card and an old generic Soundblaster as the card for headphones. Processor is AMD K6-500, 384 Mb RAM.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Jack.

Posted Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 1:15 pm
Just a thought - I was reading another thread where it was pointed out that the Audigy has 2 stereo outputs. I think the Platinum does too (I'm not in front of the machine right now to check). If it does, I presume I'm better off configuring Atomix to use the second stereo output and then getting rid of my second sound card?

Thanks,

Jack.

Posted Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 1:29 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Don't worry about clearing cue points just put them where you want. For example if cue 1 is in the wrong spot just assign it to the right spot and it will be overwrittten.

.:DJ homeboy:.

Posted Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 4:37 pm
Thanks for the reply - funny how the obvious is usually staring us in the face ;)

(goes off to sit in the corner and practise some more)

Anyone ever get the distorted headphones effect?

Cheers,

Jack.

Posted Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 5:06 pm
Update on the distorted headphone problem.

My Soundblaster Platinum does, indeed, have 2 stereo outputs. I plugged my headphones in to the "back" speakers, reconfigured the sound output and everything is fine. I mixed for hours last night and there was no distortion at all. So I'm off to remove my second sound card.

I'd never have thought of this solution without reading a post in another thread - so thanks to the forum :)

Jack.

Posted Fri 13 Sep 02 @ 12:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)