Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: WHAT external mixers do yall use with ATOMIX??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

One pAkHome userMember since 2002
hello elite Djs , im looking for external mixers with atomix and i see too many and hard to decide which is good , better, best ..etc.... please help me choose a good external mixer that i can perform live without any problems with atomix....
thanks Dj one pak

Posted Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 7:06 pm
manuelHome userMember since 2002
i use an old vestax pmc17a ... use it only cuz its the only one i can afford...
it works though
even though its broken

Posted Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 8:27 pm
My first mixer was a Behringer DX-100 which was a piece of CRAP since you couldn't hear the level adjustment in the PFL. Then I had my American DJ XDM-343 which was AMAZING, but I sold it since it had only -10dB cuts and did not have transform switches.

Now I have my Numark DM2002x which is a wet-dream for me (I know, I'm easy to please) except the crossfader is already showing signs of wear and tear. It is great !!! 3 Channels, 3-Band EQ/channel, KILL switches, transform buttons, etc.

The best "All-around" mixer I can think of would be a Numark DM1002x. They retail for about $120 US. But the best mixer for you depends on your needs:

* How much are you willing to spend ?
* Where would you use it and what kind of systems would you be using it on ?
* Do you plan on upgrading anytime soon ?
* What's the most important to you .. Price, Performance or Quality ?

Things like that you have to evaluate. You can't just say I need a mixer ... cuz there are quite a few out there. The best one is the one that best suits your needs.

- Dave

Posted Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 6:23 am
I've gopt 2 mixers right now... the Numark DM3002, and the Pioneer 300s. I love both.

Posted Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 9:01 am
djskeetHome userMember since 2005
I used to use a crap old mixer from JB Systems, but now I'm spinning with an Ecler Mac 70, and it rocks ! !

Posted Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 9:04 am
I'm using a Pioneer DJM 300s. Its my first ever mixer, and I reckon its awesome, obviously it has a good build quality (duh! Pioneer) 3 band eq. No kill switches but who cares right cos Atomix has those anyway. So when buying your mixer think about what u actually need as you may save some money there. In my case I went for a better quality mixer instead of saving the money. One thing I love about it, is it displays the level of sound output on each channel, so it is piss to get the sounds of both songs the same without even listening to anything. Its got a BPM counter again who cares! Atomix has that.

Lastly, the other reason I chose this particular mixer is because of its monitoring capabilitues. Like you could solely listen to channel A or channel B or both at the same time etc which is good for determining which songs will mesh well together.

Its a great mixer.

Posted Wed 01 May 02 @ 5:57 pm
I use a Gemini BPM 250, and i love it (the kill could be better, so with the Atomix kill, it's perfect !!!!!).

I notice something, there is a difference between, the BPM of atomix, and the BPM of my Gemini : when atomix give me 135 in local , my Gemini BPM 250 counter give me : 133, so which is true ?????

Nico

Posted Thu 02 May 02 @ 9:01 am
One pAkHome userMember since 2002
thanks to the info guys.. now im ready to rule the world with atomixmp3 .... lol ....... thanks .....Dj one pak...

Posted Sun 05 May 02 @ 4:53 am
I cant use a external mixer with atomix mp3.
I don`t know where i must connect the cables.
(Must i have 2 sound cards)?

DJ NIKOS

Posted Thu 09 May 02 @ 2:34 pm
It's better if you have two cards but you don't need it. All you need is a splitter in the output of your sound card and connect the opposite outputs to the line inputs in your mixer. Make sure your mixer is set to mono. If you don't have that option, you'll have to split the splitter and re-encode all your MP3s in mono.

Posted Sun 12 May 02 @ 1:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)