Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Listening to the track you wanna mix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How do you listen to track B whils A is playing, so you knoww where its at and if its the right tune.

Nicebutdom

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 10:20 pm
NaDeRHome userMember since 2002
you need two soundcards,or a y splitter with a mono phono connecter

NaDeR

Posted Sat 27 Apr 02 @ 12:20 am
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Or a 3D soundcard too and the full version of AtomixMP3.-
Bye,
DJ Coc "Argentina"

Posted Sat 27 Apr 02 @ 5:41 am
u need a y splitter for one soundcard and a full version of atomixmp3

Posted Sat 27 Apr 02 @ 10:28 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Lets just say, start with the full version and then get back to us !

DJ Homeboy

Posted Sat 27 Apr 02 @ 12:22 pm
Agrees with homeboy.. some of the other posts however.. GEEZ! :)

Posted Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 7:28 pm
One pAkHome userMember since 2002
i have a 3D sound card with 4 slots in the back.. plug your head phones into the slot labled *rear* , plug your speakers into the *output* slot ... and on sound configuration in the options select the pictures with the speaker and the headphones.... dont need to click on *soft sound* 3D.....
While your playing your first deck , drag n drop your song into the second deck.... you should hear your second deck on your head phones when you have it played..... thus... you hear the second deck position and know when to fade into the second deck... VERSION 2.1 supports this Configuration so you need Version 2.1 FULL VERSION...
ENJOY DJ ONE PAK

Posted Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 7:30 pm
I'm having a similar problem. I ahve a 5.1 channel surround sound card. I also have a Y splitter. (I have the full version of 2.1 and i love it). But, when i use the preview feature, i still hear the same thing in my earphones and through the speakers...there doesnt seeem to be any difference. (i changed the sound configuration). is there anything else im doing wrong?

Canada-Dan
Aka: DJ Bacchus

Posted Mon 29 Apr 02 @ 5:11 pm
I had this problem for the longest time and I was almost angry that I'd paid to register the program. What I discovered was that for some reason Atomix puts the "mix" channel to the rear output of my soundcard and the "monitor" channel to the front. So every time I want to use the program I have to reverse the plugs on my soundcard.

Posted Fri 03 May 02 @ 6:37 am
yeah, but my soundcard does'nt have two speaker outputs. It only has 1. Thats why i'm using a Y splitter. Yet, I STILL cannot get the preview function to work. I mean, i baught the 2.1 version specifically for this capability..

DJ Bacchus

Posted Fri 03 May 02 @ 6:07 pm
yeah, but my soundcard does'nt have two speaker outputs. It only has 1. Thats why i'm using a Y splitter. Yet, I STILL cannot get the preview function to work. I mean, i baught the 2.1 version specifically for this capability..

DJ Bacchus

Posted Fri 03 May 02 @ 6:07 pm
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Mon 06 May 02 @ 5:39 am
love my atomix
but can anyone tell me where to get a 3d soundcard,how it works,so i can listen to the track i want to mix? not very clued up on computers yet!
cheers, paul. edinburgh, scotland

Posted Thu 09 May 02 @ 10:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)