Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: How do I mix with a Y-splitter?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys,
I went out to radioshack and bought a y-splitter. I only have one sound card installed in my PC. And I havn't actually figured out how to mix songs yet... I plugged in my headphones and speakers. I'm able to preview the song in my headphones, cue it up, but then how am I suppoes to mix it onto the main speakers? Do I start unplugging the headphones and speakers??? What do I do??? Crossfader??? I just don't get it! =|

Posted Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 6:03 am
Actually I just figured it out. Thanx though.

HOWEVER, does anybody have tips on mixing hip-hop songs together? It seems rather difficult. Do I just preview the song in my headphones and keep messing around with the picthes until I get lucky to match them or something??? Is there an easier way? Any tips would help (i.e. finding the BPMS of your song before or playing it, I don't know, I'm the one posting up this messege)

Posted Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 6:13 am
The BPM of hip-hop tracks will most likely need to be calculated manually, either by actually counting the beats for like 15 seconds or something like that or by using some kind of BPM-calculator where you can tap the beat yourself since Atomix doesn't analyze the BPM of this kinda music correctly..

There are loads of posts about this problem in this forum,
try using the Search-function and search for the words hip-hop or breakbeat.

Posted Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 10:37 am
so how can u have the preview with the demo version ???

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 1:29 pm
gjamanHome userMember since 2002
you can't. only available in full version. why don't u buy it ??

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 1:52 pm
my soundcard does'nt have two speaker outputs. It only has 1. Thats why i'm using a Y splitter. Yet, I STILL cannot get the preview function to work. I mean, i baught the 2.1 version specifically for this capability..Yet, i still hear the same thing in my headphones as i do my speakers. Can someone help?

Dj Bacchus

Posted Sat 04 May 02 @ 12:01 am
You know how the top graph/graphics or whatever lets you look at the waves of the song. The yellow one is the one that you'll be hearing through your earphones. You have the click the A or B to make it yellow and that would be the song that you'll be previewing through your head phones. You have to mess around with the Y-splitter first because specifically the speakers need to be put into the right or left output and the headphones neeed to be put into the right of left output... i forgot which. the easiest way to see is to play two songs. If your speaker has a volume nob, turn it down. If you can hear both songs in your headphones, you have the headphone in the wrong input, so switch the speakers and headphone. You should ONLY be hearing the song that has the yellow waves in your headphones so you can preview it. If the problem was fixed, you should be hearing both songs out of the speakers and the yellow one in your headphones. So when mixing, just move the fade all the way to the blue song while you're previewing hte yellow song. HOpe this helps. Might be kinda confusing. =)

Posted Sat 04 May 02 @ 11:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)