Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Cool bass effect, really pump up the crowd

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mhvuHome userMember since 2003
Try this guy,
If you get a hold of some song with a lot of bass, load it up to the Atomix Deck. Remember to assign a keyboard shortcut to kill the bass. Or you can right click on the bass to kill it but I prefer to use the mouse while the bass is off.

Before the bass start to kick in, kill it, but remember to turn up the volume or play with the EQ a little bit to accomondate for the lack of bass.

Then when time comes, release your damn bass, and blast the roof off. Peoople will go crazy. In my case, the neighbor went crazy

Tell me what you think

Posted Mon 22 Apr 02 @ 7:10 pm
I've used that on purpose, and on accident before. I forgot that the bass was kill, mixed into the next song and realized I was listening to mids, and hi's... So my advice would be.. only do this technique on purpose... if you do it on accident you feel stupid.

Posted Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 4:40 am
@ Saint_James: Hehe.. we're only human ;o)

@ mvhu: if you LEFT klick on the KillBass-button it will stay killed until you left-klick it again.. but that's assuming you use a skin which has kill-buttons. AND by doing this you might end up with a similar result mentioned above by Saint_James so stay sharp and keep an eye on those EQ's if you start playing around with them :o)

Posted Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 10:27 am
atriusHome userMember since 2002
I don't get it .. Why do people mix with the bass killed ? It's not only about rythm, but mainly about beats-matching. You miss the whole purpose by killing the beats ..

Posted Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 2:58 pm
..whatever makes their boat float :o)

Personally I just use the EQ-crossfader and never to the extremes:
just slightly lowering the bass or the mids and then bring the tunes together...

Posted Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 3:03 pm
Personally I usually kill the bass when I'm trying to make my own build-up, or when I want to make a quick transition from one track. If I have it killed on one track, and then kill the other tracks bass, right as I bring up the other bass, thereby switching bass lines.... I found it fun to play with. But sometimes I keep it loud to. It's just tricks, there is no right and wrong.

Posted Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 12:42 am
Guys,
I'm talking about EFFECT, not mixing technique.... this is an effect to get people go wild with your bass
By the way, drop by my website: http://trancewebsite.com

Posted Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 3:24 am
sirleeControlleristMember since 2003
A good example of this technique is in the Vampire movie "Blade" at the club in the first scene.If I remember correctly The DJ Kicks the Bass in and at that moment the blood starts raining from the ceiling and all the vampires go crazy

Posted Mon 20 Jan 03 @ 12:05 pm
halo pepoles can you help me i will effekts

Posted Mon 20 Jan 03 @ 5:50 pm
sirlee: good example.. but if you buy (hrmm..download ) New Order - Confusion(pumppanel reconstruction mix) (got that one remembered by heart) you'll find that it's just the way the tune goes.. not really much DJ-interaction in the movie :)

Sure, they've dulled it a bit until that point but that's pretty much all over the spectrum, not just the bass :)

Posted Wed 12 Feb 03 @ 11:12 am
sirleeControlleristMember since 2003
Yes you could be right about the movie, still this song is a perfect example of this effect (at least my crowd enjoys it a lot ;) ). If you start the song with the bass killed and kick it in after around 8 or 16 quarters. I also tend to kill the bass again during the song one or two times.

Posted Thu 06 Mar 03 @ 4:31 pm
nashHome userMember since 2003
ok if you think that killing the bass is great and people get crazy whith that ...well im gonna give ya a relly good one..

first you have to configure de short cuts for the EQ ..de B M H (bass,med and high..) ok config tree buttons to kill H1 M1 H1 so wen you have that play a song could be progressive tarnce whatever you cabtry on any ...

while the song is playing you hit first the bass kill then the med and finally the high ...(you must do this very quick) and the best momen is in 1/2 between two beats ..then you can use the EQ reset to back in the other 1/2 between the next beats......if you do it correctly... you will some kind of cool break and if you get the perfect timing you can doit repetly !!!

its really cool !!! try it!!

Posted Mon 17 Mar 03 @ 5:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)