Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Headphones

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How do i make the mix work so i can que one song through my headphones and hear the already playing song through the speakers. i have a creative 3d surround Live! sound card....
Thanx

Posted Mon 18 Mar 02 @ 7:51 pm
1) First of all, you need the FULL version of Atomix.

2) You need to select 3D soundcard/Headphone option in the "sound configuration" in the options panel in Atomix.

3) In the playcenter (or whatever the SB configuration software is called) make sure the speaker setup is configured as "Quadraphonic Speakers".

4) Plug your speakers into the "front speaker output " jack in the soundcard, and plug your headphones in the "rear speaker output" jack.

5) Make some kickass mixes

6) Brag about how awesome this software is

Posted Mon 18 Mar 02 @ 8:05 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You gave an excellent answer!
Bye,
Dj Coc "Argentina"

Posted Mon 18 Mar 02 @ 11:16 pm
would you by any chance know how to adjust the settings on a hercules game theater xp sound card to allow me to preview songs with my headphones and have the mix go through the main system?

Posted Tue 19 Mar 02 @ 7:32 am
manuelHome userMember since 2002
oh and,disable spatlizer effect if it's been enabled..
do that in the volume settings adv

Posted Tue 19 Mar 02 @ 8:18 pm
I wish I can help .... but have never seen or used a card like that. Is that the one with the hardware connection ? You can always check out the website for that card:

http://us.hercules.com/support/index.php3

The only advice I can give you what I have written above. If there is an option for "quadraphonic speakers", enable it and plug your speakers in the main, and headphones in the rear .... and in the sound config of atomix make sure it is set on 3D soundcard & Headphones.

Thats all I can tell you

-- Dave --

Posted Wed 20 Mar 02 @ 1:40 am
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"Quadraphonic Speakers"??? is that the words they juse in Sb??

because i have the same card in my home system but what ever i do i will hear the sound treu all four my speakers??
I do not now how to setup the soundcard can sombody be specific about the settings???

Like do you have to set in in "normal multispeaker" ????

I juse the 2.1 v with the preview slider.

Grtz

Posted Wed 20 Mar 02 @ 11:04 am
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Maybe 4 speakers??

Posted Wed 20 Mar 02 @ 2:08 pm
Thanks for the reply. I did check out the website and I can't find any updated stuff for the card. Yeah, it does have a hardware connection. The card is absolutely awesome, but I can't get it to work with headphones and speakers. I have a quadraphonic setting, but I can't plug in my headphones into a rear speaker channel as it is. My front and rear speakers are powered by dual channel RCA connections. I guess what I may have to do is get a connector to convert the RCA's to a headphone connection. Do you think that would work?

Posted Thu 21 Mar 02 @ 12:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)