Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Magic wand ever work? (RnB / Hip-hop)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey,

Was looking for a quick and dirty way to play mp3s at our clubnight.

I've only been playing with this for maybe 30 minutes but I haven't had much luck. Does the Beatmatch button even work?

I've been spinning vinyl for a long time now so I understand all that. I'm just trying to see if this program will be sufficient for end-to-end mixes.

Do I have to manually cue a beat before the magic wand will do anything useful? I press it and all I get is a big time train-wrecking.

Is there a comprehensive tutorial written up somewhere here. Forgive me for not sifting through all the posts.

Posted Tue 12 Mar 02 @ 4:52 am
there's a introductory flash movie included in the install file which explains all the functions ...

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 9:17 am
Doc_FXHome userMember since 2003
Atomix works on a 4 beat system.
It seems it doesn't suit the best with RnB, Hip Hop, and all 3 times rhythm. But it's possible ! but without the automatic magic Beat match...

Good Luck !

Posted Fri 15 Mar 02 @ 7:22 pm
The problem is that the program cannot find the BPM for the songs you are mixing. It is very difficult for software to detect the BPM of music which has very inconsistent beats to it (I.E Hip-hop, RnB, Reggae, etc). Also, pressing the Magic wand won't align the beats up perfectly with hip-hop. Your solution is to enter in the BPM manually using external software, try out WinBPM:

http://www.citylinq.com/firedan/lindyhype/winbpm04.exe

It works just by tapping the spacebar…do it for 15 seconds and your at maybe 97% accuracy, tap for around 45 seconds and you get a perfect tempo in BPM! (I've checked the results against a digital metronome, and it's right-on-ace at all speeds from 90 - 260). The longer you do it ... the more accurate the reading is.

AND KEEP IT MIND: Atomix is meant for Techno .... the "Magic Wand" as some users like to call it ... works extremely versatile with techno and 4/4 beat music.

I hope this is of help !
-- Dave --

Posted Wed 20 Mar 02 @ 1:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)