Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Serious Skipage

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi ppls, im a house DJ p/t, just got into atomix and have experianced that when i record mixes the song every now and then skips a beat or a small clitch happens. since im not a computer guru and help with my prob would be great...

also does anyone experiance this prob as well???

if it helps, here are my computer specs:

P3 - 667
128 MB ram
20GB hdd
Sound blaster Live
TNT2 Ultra
Suround Sound with 10inch Sub.

how many of you all DJ at a club. and in what country's.

me Brisbane, Australia
thanx

DJ Sparky.

Posted Sat 02 Mar 02 @ 7:15 pm
LeeTpaHome userMember since 2003
add more ram

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 10:26 am
I have P-III-450 192 Mb RAM and also experiencing the skipping. The sound skips really rarely on sound output, but the recorded WAV is completely useless.

Xaxa

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 5:19 pm
more ram will improove the performance but i am using a laptop it has celeron 400mhz with 64 mb ram inside the sound never skipped and i am using it at a club in Turkey.
So i think the solution for you is using the latest drivers for ur hardware and the latest version of directx and choosing the right OS for ur pc
hope this helps! good luck man!

Posted Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 3:23 pm
jokoHome userMember since 2004
Mp3 files are so huge and take up so so much random memory that you definitely need to upgrade your ram. It's cheap. I've been DJ'ing at all-night parties where I mix for 10 hours or more non-stop. By the end of the night the computer drags--I found out that as the Mp3's are playing, not only is it using your short-term ram but it is also building up a file of long-term ram. The only way to get rid of that buildup is to shut down and resart the computer. That's why you want at least 384Mb ram--to handle that huge build-up. The more ram the merrier. Good luck.

Posted Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 11:59 pm
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Goddame 10 hours i found 4 a lot.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 02 @ 12:14 am
Then what the hell is a fast pc for atomix. I have a AMD Atholon 1 gig with 740mb of ram, and I still get skips here and there with the occasional bog down. Now, this did not ever happen with 1.12. So, there are some bugs that need worked out in 2.0. Looking forward to the 2.1 release.

Posted Thu 07 Mar 02 @ 7:41 am
I don't have that problem... athlon 1gig.. 512mb ram... 60gig HD. I think it's a config problem.. not sure though.

I DJ, I am a resident here in California. But I don't use atomix in the club... I have once, but for the most part I use 1200 m3d's.

-Saint James

Posted Thu 07 Mar 02 @ 10:44 pm
well i don't use atomix at a club either, just for hame use...

it never skips on output but when i listen to the recorded wave it skips now and then. i found that the problem wasn't as big in atomix 1.12

thanx for all your help guys. very happy DJ'ing experiance to you all!!!

ps, i have to say that using real equipment is way better. i used atomix at the club i work at last night... its noware as good as the real gear. it just doesn't feel the same. i like to feel fully in-control of the dance floor, atomix doesn't do it for me... after all, thats why i started DJ'ing.... the feeling of DJ'ing NOT THE MONEY!!!

Posted Fri 08 Mar 02 @ 5:21 am
I have to agree with you , dj sparkly :) atomixmp3 dosent give you that "funky feelin" when you DJ at a club. But i love the automatic BPM detection in atomixmp3. thats saves me from a lot of work when im using a mixer withouth BPM counter. Atomixmp3 is also usefull if you want to make a pre-recorde mix CD to use when your going to WC after some hours of DJìng.

I am a resident at small/medium club in norway. I will never use atomixmp3 at work, but still i love it, and find it very usefull, so keep up the good work all ppl`s in atomixmp3 team

Posted Tue 12 Mar 02 @ 11:36 am
sorry... it was DJ Sparky, not dj sparkly

forgive me!

Posted Tue 12 Mar 02 @ 11:38 am
nateHome userMember since 2001
two dot one.. *whistles*

Posted Fri 15 Mar 02 @ 9:46 pm
2freakyHome userMember since 2002
I had the same problem when recording in Atomix. I'm using an external progie to record my mixes now. Works perfectly!! (TotalRecorder)

Posted Mon 18 Mar 02 @ 10:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)