Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Top40 Songs & their Club remixes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

XtremeHome userMember since 2002
heya all ...
ive come acros this problem, well basicaly
when im playing at a party everybody wants to hear all the latest top 40 songs
unfortuanatly a lot of the top 40 songs are slow & when u have people on the dance floor & u play a new /but slow song u get teh effect that the people just stand around (not realy dancing) :( which sux

now i was thinking obviosly i need the club remix of the new songs ! but yikes , am i bateling to find these songs !!
Q.1 : where can i find decent remixes of new songs
Q.2 : what are these mixes called in general ? club /dance mix? ( just so i know what to look for =)

basicaly im askin for help omn how to keep the party Pumping

-if its 2 loud ur 2 Old-

Posted Mon 16 Sep 02 @ 10:19 am
I use Winmx and soulseek p2p programs. I type in "remix" on a search and that usually works well. Also Junior Vasquez and Victor Calderone do alot of remix work on Pop songs. Try searching for these 2 artists as well. Good luck.

Posted Tue 17 Sep 02 @ 2:23 am
DJ SKIPHome userMember since 2002
Using any p2p music downloading software, enter a audio search for "reggae remix" as an example...I have had great luck searching for disco, club, & dance....

Posted Tue 17 Sep 02 @ 3:02 pm
Thundepuss does a lot of remixes of pop songs

Posted Wed 18 Sep 02 @ 10:36 pm
Sorry misspell...It's Thunderpuss

Posted Wed 18 Sep 02 @ 10:37 pm
SyfoonHome userMember since 2001
Easy solution..

1) Log on to your favourite P2P program
2) Search for the artist, lets say, Kylie Minogue
3) Simplify it a tad, so if you were looking for remixes of "Can't Get You Out Of My Head", you'd search for...

kylie get you out head remix

Somethings bound to turn up :)

Posted Sat 21 Sep 02 @ 4:28 am
Pink - just like a pill (remix)
atomic kitten - the tide is high(lasgo remix)
Justin Timberlake - like I Love You (bassment jaxx vocal mix)

Posted Sun 29 Dec 02 @ 11:36 pm
DaSOHome userMember since 2001
sometimes if a pop song is really good and i like it but it is not danceable, i'll simply speed it up a bit and mixit up with some delicious beats beforehand - make your own "club mix."

Posted Sat 04 Jan 03 @ 5:27 pm
DJ JohyHome userMember since 2002
MADHOUSE has a few remixes

Posted Sun 05 Jan 03 @ 1:17 am
I do my own bootlegs just like DaSo explained, and it sounds really cool actually. It's like if the song doesn't have an official dance mix, I make my own. I have a lot of club remixes by people like Hex Hector, Thunderpuss, Victor Calderone and so on. Here's a few recommendations.

Christina Aguilera - Dirrty (Tracy Young Purple Wolf Club Mix)
Toni Braxton - Hit The Freeway (Hex Hector Club Mix)
S Club 7 (Don't laugh...LOL!!!) - Never Had A Dream Come True (Mike Rizzo Mix)
Madonna - Die Another Day (Dirty Vegas Main Mix)

And a classic

Toni Braxton - Un-break My Heart (Soul Hex Anthem Vocal)

It's exactly what the name says - ANTHEM!!! Timeless classic!

Posted Wed 15 Jan 03 @ 10:18 pm
Search with "almighty" you have different remix and i remember i have an excellent remix of

Liberty X - Just A Little (Almighty Mix) very beautiful and pleasure to listen and mixing ;-)

seb

Posted Thu 16 Jan 03 @ 10:00 am
Is there a site where u can get this kind of remixes? If someone knows, please post !!!

Posted Wed 26 Mar 03 @ 11:40 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You could always try your local record store.... If they don't have it, they'd be happy to order it for you.

Posted Mon 31 Mar 03 @ 4:37 pm
Billboard gives you access to their top 20(?) dance hits, that should give you the names of the songs that are popular in the clubs at the moment.

www.billboard.com look for 'dance charts' or something like that.

Remixers that are good:

Hex Hector (poppy and flashy)
Junior Vasquez (Resident Exit NYC - somewhat darker, more tribal sounding for his Earth Anthems)
Nic Mercy (Resident Somerset NJ - Very upbeat and flashy - Get his "oops I did it again" mix, you'll be impressed, along with his Die Another Day mix)
Peter Rauhofer (Resident Roxy, NYC - Local NYC DJ, Remixes some good Whitney along with others, his Christina's Beautiful is wonderful)
Thunderpuss (your basic club mixes of almost every song known to DJ's - AKA Chris Cox & Barry Harris)
Jonathan Peters (Resident Soundfactory, NYC - usually somewhat flashy)

I'm sure I've missed some good ones, but those should get you started.

On the popular "Top 40" songs, they tend to release a "Maxi-single" which is a single of the song with the remixes that have been officially released. You might want to look into getting those as well. They can be purchased from any extended-inventory music store.

Posted Wed 09 Apr 03 @ 9:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)