Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Audiogalaxy

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What are we all gonna do now audiogalaxys been shut? Any ideas greatly received!...

Posted Tue 25 Jun 02 @ 8:09 pm
filetopia, irc, ftp, xolox, limewire, grokster, soulseek, mediaseek, direct connect, kazaa, morpheus. and audiogalaxy should be coming back once everything gets figured out.

phatty720
dave

Posted Tue 25 Jun 02 @ 9:51 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
maybe buy legit copies of your music and rip them yourself?

:P

Posted Wed 26 Jun 02 @ 7:06 pm
That somewhat defeats the purpose of this post.

Posted Thu 27 Jun 02 @ 2:45 pm
i will only start buying cd's again the day that unless you're one hell of a hacker, there's absolutely no way to find free music on the internet.

no m f'in way am i payin' 15-20 bucks for cd's. that's absolute bullshit. RIAA needs to get they're shit together. time to start goin' underground again. more mix tapes and trading of cassette tapes.

phatty720
dave

Posted Thu 27 Jun 02 @ 6:59 pm
seriously go to the record stores and buy vinyl and or cd's. You all are expecting to have a means to download all this great free music, and i dont blame you for that, but the artist that make these tracks are going to stop if they dont get paid.

It used to be you would work hard and make a great song and then it would be a hit and you'd sell 10,000 vinyl records, but now its like you sell 3 and everyone rips it, puts it on the net and everyone has it for free. I mean J Lo still makes money enough with legit sales, but im talking about the underground guy making tracks. Its alot of time and money that goes into buying gear to produce music, even if you do it at home and i think we've going to have alot less good music to choose from if you dont support the industry.

Domestic label records are like $7.99 or less and you usually get a few good mixes on them, thats pretty fair pricing. Specially if your playing at a club and they are paying you.

Like i said, i love getting stuff free to, but id rather pay for some great new music than have free access to lame shit

Posted Fri 28 Jun 02 @ 9:04 am
OK.... Time to come off your Soap Box and let me up on it.... there's no F'ing way I'm gonna buy any produced CD or Vinyl. The music industry is f'ing joke. The artists arn't making crap for money cause the labels and producers are raping them. Here's how the artists should react to all this:

1. Screw the music industry and the labels I'm gonna release my tunes to the public via Audiogalaxy.

2. I'm gonna develop a following among the masses with HIGH QUALITY tunes... (labels only allow artists to release a few good tunes at a time and pack the rest of the CD with sh-t)

3. I'm gonna go on tour.... a real tour (not one of these expensive tickets/shit product tours)

4. I'm gonna make my money in this way... and may not be 500000 Gazillion fucking dollars... but it'll still be a hell of a lot more than some chump working at Dennys... which is where i would be if I didn;t have an ounce of musical talent (like Snow and Vanilla Ice)

5. I'm gonna be happy cause I'm amking good loot and I'm not a sell-out bitch

Posted Tue 02 Jul 02 @ 9:17 pm
yeah sure pop artist arent getting the cut the label is, brittney spears is loaded but im sure he lable makes 90% more

what im talking about is indi techno producers though. Like guys that run their own lable and put out 1000 copies on vinyl. Thats the music i play and the music i want to keep coming out. I just think the industry will die if we dont support those guys and all the music were going to have left is commerical trance on lables like moonshine.

Unless producers can make a little cash off underground music they arent going to put anything out and we will never get the chance to download that phat track that someone bought and then put on mp3 so no one else would have to buy it.

Same with software like atomix, this started out with just a few guys and if people didnt buy it in the begining they wouldnt of been able to keep working on it and getting it to what it is today. IF back in teh day everyone just downloaded a crack, im sure the devlopers wouldnt of keep updating it making it the quaity product we now have.

Posted Wed 03 Jul 02 @ 2:30 am
now that audiogalaxy is shut i use kazza it is well better than audiogalaxy i would suggest that use use kazza its free!!

Posted Mon 12 Aug 02 @ 3:25 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Blubster is great also !!

www.blubster.com

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Posted Tue 13 Aug 02 @ 12:43 am
I realy hope that NO ONE USE F'ing KAZAA!!!
That's just full of SPYWARE and it's very dangerous to all.
The "Junior Member" phatty720 give's you many names of programs were you can find mp3. Avoid Kazaa, if you don't believe me go to www.download.com search kazaa and read the "bad" opinions...the most is about spyware...
GOOD MIXES!!!

Posted Fri 16 Aug 02 @ 8:28 pm
One pAkHome userMember since 2002
i still miss my audiogalaxy ... :'( hehe

Posted Mon 02 Sep 02 @ 4:33 pm
Record companies Vs. Artist
Public Vs. RIAA

There is a lot of talk about the two things. It is a complex problem at the best.
Where I am located there is nearly no available music that isn't pop or top 40, without MP3 that would be all that people here could listen to. I hope that MP3's will continue to be available, otherwise I will be in POP hell.
BTW, I have ordered many LP's from overseas that I learned about because of MP3 files. I have spent much more on music because of MP3's

Posted Sat 07 Sep 02 @ 2:04 am
I find SoulSeek great for vinyl rips and out-of-print remixes

Posted Wed 18 Sep 02 @ 11:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)