Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Just a thought:

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
First of all, I really appreciate everyone who has been making the huge variety of skins we have available to use with this software.
I have several favorites, that I rotate.
Here's something you skin making guru's might want to consider.
I'm color blind. I think that I can see many colors, but I have trouble with some.
Every time I download and launch a new skin, if I like it, I have to open the BMP file in Adobe and change the colors of the moving wav forms. I need them to be very contrasted from each other. Generally I change them to a bright blue, a bright red, and a basic white. This allows me to actually be able to see the seperate wavs as thay are moving.
I doubt that I'm the only color blind DJ that uses this software. (although I've never seen this mentioned in these forums before.)
I wonder if anyone else has trouble seeing the seperate wavs as the scroll by.
Anyway, continued thanks for the great skins that you guys keep coming up with. (I am just suggesting more contrasting colors for the wavs)

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 8:45 pm
I have never seen this mentioned either!
I'll keep it in mind for my next skin!

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 9:08 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Interesting point.
Could you give us some example of fine color that could be great for you?
Is there some skins that have good colors we could take as example?
Or maybe could you tell us the RGB values of the colors you use in your modified skins?

It will be easyer for skiners with this kind of exmples :)

Posted Sat 10 Jan 04 @ 1:14 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
some yellos, reds, oranges, and greens all look similar to me.

I try to pick colors that are very different from each other.wav areas have dark or black bachgrounds.

Lately I use bright red for one, Blue for the other, and white for the third, overlapping color.

Red White & Blue!

(maybe a bit patriotic)

Posted Sat 10 Jan 04 @ 1:29 am
Patriotic to the union jack? lol only kidding :)

Posted Sat 10 Jan 04 @ 2:30 am
I might as well post this link when the subject's been brought up:

www.visibone.com/colorblind/

There you'll find (and if you like, buy) a chart of color as they are meant to look and as they are experienced by people with deuteranopia (the most common form of colorblindness).

I found it when I, during one of those rare moments of mental clarity, started thinking about coloblind-friendly webdesign. :)

Posted Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 4:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)