Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Make sure any new consoles you think of buying is USB 2.0 or firewire compatible

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Every one on the internet is complaining about the Hercules Dj console . The first mistake was USB 1.1 support.This is a definate no no . Just haveing a USB sound card with USB1.1 causes dropouts.Then try to use other features at the same time.Next you are complaining and it's to late .They have your money and you have a conversation piece . If the new virtual Dj pro is USB 1.1 the same thing is going to happen like the Hercules console . When are these companys going to wake up and design a product worth using . Yes they might get a few of us but after that it's over . They will have a wherehouse full of consoles they can't sell.This is not good for anyone.So If VDJ want to save face they better think this out clearly. I want them to know now I told you so,I told you so,I told you so

Posted Sat 03 Jan 04 @ 1:57 am
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i don't have any experience with hercules. But while some folks have no problems with usb 1.1, i had nothing but headaches with usb 1.1 external sound cards on 2 different new laptops. Skipping mp3s, clicks, pops. on some configurations, 1.1 just doesn't offer enough bandwidth.

I finally got an external pcmcia sound card and now crystal clear sound.

Posted Sat 03 Jan 04 @ 2:33 am
Hi Keyon,

could you please tell us what model your pcmcia card is?
Does it offer 2 channels on your mixer, or only one, with the 2nd coming from another sound card?

Thanks!
arie

Posted Sun 04 Jan 04 @ 9:29 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It’s the Digigram VX Pocket v2. I’ve never seen mention of it in dj forums but it’s used by a lot of broadcast professionals for audio workstations; field editing, recording. Sorry Arie, I don’t know how it works in the setup you mention. Because I have a small mixer with limited inputs, I only use 1 channel for the vx pocket. I use a 2nd soundcard, the internal laptop sound card, for headphone cueing. When I bought it, it was only 1 of about 3 or so pcmcia cards out there and the only one under $500 that I could find. The vx is excellent but I wouldn’t recommend it nowadays (it’s more card than most djs need, too many cables coming out of it & overpriced -- originally $450 but because a newer model is out, can be occasionally found new on ebay for $200). The new pcmcia Echo Indigo looks like a much cheaper and probably equal card. I hope you're able to find a top notch card that works best for you.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 04 @ 5:30 am
Strange, I've got the DJ console and have no problems at all. No I'm not a non frequent user that doesn't know how to record a good mix....I'm using it at parties and it will be used in parties for about 3000 people. Maybe your pc is the problem. Have you checked the minumum requirements faq?

Posted Mon 05 Jan 04 @ 7:40 pm
then your very lucky ;-)
There are real problems with the DJ Console, hence the need for a recall.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 12:53 am
I found out that VDJ PRO is usb 1.1 .They promise no lag between the controller and computer.Idont believe them .So I ask them if they guarantee my money back if their is any lag time.If so I will buy it . But they better be the ones refunding my money . My Laptop is a 2.66mhz 1028mb Of ram under windows 2000 servicepack 4 . Iam waiting for a reply .So we will see their answer.

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 1:06 am
I just got my reply The will include VDJ with the console .It will be a full version .Now they were vage and this could could change . And they would not commit to a money back guarantee if it doesn't work.But by law I have 90 days to return it .If it does not work back it goes . No software update will fix a lag problem.Its like pushing a Mac truck through a straw.

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 2:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)