Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mixer question 2: Recording from atomixmp3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This question is for the Atomixmp3 teams and everybody:
When the mixer option is selected in the soundconfig, it seems that "soft record" is disabled. And I understand that Atomixmp3 can only record song with "soft mix" option.
My question is: Is there anyway to record song using Atomixmp3 with mixer configuration? It's kinda suck to buy a mixer to mix music better, but can't record the result :-(
Any advice or frown upon?
Thanks

Posted Thu 26 Jul 01 @ 5:37 am
You can record a mix while using an external mixer by launching a recording program. (ex. Creative recorder or Microsoft recorder) Make sure you close all other programs running in the backround. This way you will have only two programs running (Atomixmp3 and creative recorder). This way Atomixmp3's beat window will not drag as much and your final product will not have skips in it. Hope this helps Ya.

Posted Thu 26 Jul 01 @ 2:11 pm
Which soundcard should I use to record my mix? I have a SoundBlaster16 (PNP), it's an old one and it seems it doesn't allow record. I use my crappy on-board soundcard to record it. And it sounds like shesssssshhh. :-( Any suggestion in soundcards? Thanks a lot
M

Posted Thu 26 Jul 01 @ 7:16 pm
I have a soundblaster pci 128 and a crystal audio wdm and they work fine together. Although, if I was going to buy over again I would get a 3d soundcard like soundblaster live. I record through my pci 128 card using creative recorder. See Ya

Posted Thu 02 Aug 01 @ 10:35 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
I recommend buying a good sound card....

Posted Sat 04 Aug 01 @ 12:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)