Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mixer question: volume control

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everybody,
I'm toying about the idea of buying a mixer to connect with Atomix. It would be great if I can get some cool advice from those who already experience with mixer+atomix.
Here is my config:
PIII 800MHZ, 166 RAM, 2 soundcard
Question 1: Can I control the volume through the mixer instead of using the mouse?
Question 2: Is there any other beneficial use of a mixer over the crossfader built in Atomix?
Question 3: Which mixer is good for beginner?

Thanks a bunch... you guys are a great clown

Posted Tue 24 Jul 01 @ 8:08 pm
Question 1: Yes...

Question 2: Yes. You usually have eq's on the mixer. Depending on the mixer they may even have kill switches. The crossfader is much easier to use. The mixer will always be more tactile, and usable than clicking and dragging.

Question 3: I'd recommend something along the lines of the numark dm2002-x or the 3002-x.

Just my advice.

Posted Tue 24 Jul 01 @ 10:50 pm
thanks

Posted Wed 25 Jul 01 @ 3:38 am
I recommend QUALITY first when buying a mixer.
For $399 to $499 I highly recommend the Pioneer DJM-300.
A good place for ALL DJ's to shop is Pro Sound & Stage Lighting. I have purchased the majority of my DJ equipment from them for the past 10 years. The website is www.pssl.com then search for Pioneer.

Posted Wed 25 Jul 01 @ 2:55 pm
I agree quality is good.. infact the 300 is what I use with my tables... but for someone starting out high end is not always within reach... so if you ahve the money, mr. anonymous is correct.. the djm300 is great. If not check out numark.

Posted Wed 25 Jul 01 @ 9:19 pm
Yes when choosing a mixer i would go for options and i would use a Munmark EM-280 with its built in effects pad and EQ's and also i shop at pssl.com, which the store is about 30 min away from my house...ya effects are kool

KOZY

Posted Thu 26 Jul 01 @ 3:44 am
thank you guys... I'll buy a Stanton SK2F... any advice b4 the final purchase?
You guys are awsome by the way :-D

Posted Thu 26 Jul 01 @ 4:16 am
Ok, i do some homework and this is what i found:
Stanton SK2F cost me $305
NUMARK DJ Kaoss Mixer EM 260 cost me $339
Pioneer DJM-300 PRO DJ Mixer cost me $369
Which one should I get? I like the addon effect of Numark Kaoss but can somebody give me some advice on what the hell those effects for? Are they cool?

Thanks a bunch

Posted Thu 26 Jul 01 @ 4:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)