Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hi, could you help me please.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi after a year of playing with the demo version i bought atomix a few days back.
I can say i'm really happy with this version.
But something really weird is going will i'm djing.
It starts needle jumping like a real vinyl record.
I know atomix is the best you can get in digi mixing but this realitstic is a bit to much for me.
My computer system is this:

Amd Athlon thunderbird 950
Mem approx. 400 meg
Geforce 2 400 64 mb
Soundblaster live 5.1
A few hard drives but one 40 gig dedicated to house vinyl mp3's

It all worked fine with the demo.

And then there is this other thing when i monitor.
And want to listen to the other track the on playing live i mean.
I usseally is faster then what you hear from the speakers.

Hope you can make some sense out of this.

P.S

Is there going to be a dutch subject forum on this forum?

Greetings from

The Chairman

Posted Sun 15 Jul 01 @ 1:33 pm
Strange, i get that on my computer but only because its an AMD k6II 450, with 96 Mbs. On my other computer, an AMD Athlon 1Ghz, 128mb it works perfectly. With your specifications there should be no problems. Do you have resident programs running on your taskbar? Virus scanners? etc. Any other program, however insignificant you might think it is, will stop atomix from playing smoothly. As I have said before, atomix really needs a NASA super-computer to run nicely, it is not made for the present generation of PC's, they just don't have the power, captain.

Posted Sun 15 Jul 01 @ 2:56 pm
I have an Athlon 650 MHz and Atomix does not pose any problem with my configuration.

I'm going to build a dedicated Atomix PC next week. I have experienced myself that you do need a clean PC, and have to avoid running resident programs as much as possible.
Make sure to have the latest DirectX drivers installed.

In terms of a Dutch forum, I have already volunteered some time ago as Dutch-speaking moderator, but it is not clear to which extent there are many Dutch speaking Atomix users.

DJ Corpse

Posted Sun 15 Jul 01 @ 3:57 pm
No i don't have any background tasks running ;(
That was the 1st thing i thought 2.
But no such luck.
Mabey it won't happen in the new version ;)

Happy djing all

The Chairman

Posted Mon 16 Jul 01 @ 1:48 pm
On my AMD k6-II 350, atomix runs perfect, even with other stuff running. The problem with monitor and decks being out of sync is due to the fact that your probably using 2 soundcards, right? I tried Atomix with two soundcards, and the monitor kept falling behind horribly! You'd most likely do away with that problem by buying a 3d soundcard. Also, that skipping might be because you have master tempo enabled. If it is, disable it, as the sound is more stable with it off. Greetz and Cheers.

BTW, i thought this might be cool for any aspiring djs. I went to a local club tonight and met my two idols, If anyone is ithe chi-town area, you've probably heard of DJ Caffeine and To Kool Cris. I met both tonight, hung out, and slipped em both a copy a cd I mixed. I just got a call on my cell phone 3 mins ago, and I have a gig, using atomix, next week! (Self-Congratulatory pat on the bac, thank you). MY idols liked my stuff! Holy shit! Never stop believing guys!

The Goner

Posted Thu 19 Jul 01 @ 11:23 am
Well done man, must have been one hell of a good mix.

My computer as stated above is a K6 II 450 and it does work fine when i'm in hardware mode, but if I put it in software mode for recording, thats when it falters. Don't you get that trouble on yours?

Posted Thu 19 Jul 01 @ 3:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)