Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New Computer = Skipping and No Instant Forward

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

my 0ld computer was a 4 gig 260 mhz 64 RAM. My new one is 21 gig, 600 mhz, 128 RAM. Why did Atomix work better on the old one. On the old one I could forward through a track instantly with no skipping. Now I get a pause and sometimes a skip. Do i need to change something? I also updated my soundcard to a 3D model... does that have something to do with it?

Posted Tue 12 Jun 01 @ 11:58 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Wed 13 Jun 01 @ 7:25 am
corePRO InfinityMember since 2003
BTW,
Without the latest version of Directx your atomix might kick you with a general protection fault, and that will probably happen in the middle of a gig.

Posted Sun 17 Jun 01 @ 1:09 am
OK... I downloaded DirectX 8 and things are better.... however I still get a skip when i try to forward through a song. Also, when i open other windows i get a skip too.... anything else i can do?

Posted Mon 18 Jun 01 @ 9:08 pm
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your chipset, etc.

A good place to get programs to speeed up your machien is www.tweak3d.net

Posted Mon 18 Jun 01 @ 11:18 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
me i have a question : do you use win Me or win2k! if yes, know that atomixmp3 1.12 works bad with winMe and a bit better under win2k but I have had the best resuts under win 98se

THe next version fix this and we have improve the code.

Posted Tue 19 Jun 01 @ 12:07 am
I have windows ME and it works great w/ atomix. I wonder why everyone else is having problems w/ it. I better knock on wood or sumthin. 8~)

Posted Wed 20 Jun 01 @ 6:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)