Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Two soundcards,mixer,and turntables-Need help please8=)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been using Atomixmp3 at home for about 7 or 8 months now. I have the opportunity to play out with other Dj's spinning vinyl. I am not sure how to hook up to their mixer. I have a soundblaster pci 128 and a Crystyl WDM Audio. They work great together at home, but I wanna be able to mix from another DJ spinning his set on vinyl to my set which will be on Atomixmp3. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanx 8~)

Posted Thu 07 Jun 01 @ 8:48 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
I advice you to test your configuration berfore the party: in Atomix, configure your hardware to "2 sound cards - external mixer" and test your 2 sound cards. You can do that without a mixer, just plug a headphone on each sound cards and listen if it works.
Then at the party you just have to plug you 2 sound cards and the 2 turntables to the external mixer. It should work !

If it can help you, my config is: one 3D sound card, 2 turntables and an external mixer. This config works very well...

Hope that helps you, and have nice parties !

Dams

Posted Thu 07 Jun 01 @ 10:59 pm
Thanx, I think that will work assuming that their mixer has enough jacks(2 for turntables and 2 for soundcards). I would also have to use the crossfader on the external mixer correct? I guess that would not be a problem. Still...I would rather use atomixmp3's crossfader. What about this config.....
two soundcards, earphone/speakers. Then use a cinch cable(one computer plug on one end and two mixer type plugs on the other) to connect to the right or left side of the external mixer. Then the dj spinning vinyl would fade to the right (if thats where i was connected) and that would play the atomixmp3. I then could use atomixmp3 only, to mix my set. Then when I am done I could mix back to vinyl using the external mixer. It sounds good but I still have to try it. Do you think this would work? If you can understand what I am talkin about. It is confusing. Thanx.

Posted Fri 08 Jun 01 @ 12:42 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
You must have to cables, and each cable must begin with a mini-jack for your sound card and end with 2 RCAs for the mixer.

If you want to mix with the mixer only, put the Atomix crossfader at center. Or if you want to mix with Atomix, let the crossfader of the mixer at center. It's easy !

Dams

Posted Fri 08 Jun 01 @ 7:54 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I mixed at a party last weekend with DJs using vinyls. I plugged my own mixer (Reloop Effex) into the front line in of the Dynacord M1, so I only needed one channel and was able to mix with my own loved mixer. All worked fine!

mama

Posted Fri 08 Jun 01 @ 9:09 am
Thank you.The info you both gave was a big help.

Posted Fri 08 Jun 01 @ 2:59 pm
Ok..All this talk about external mixers, so I had to go out and buy one! A Vestax PMC-03a. It works great but I have one problem. I can't here from both ears on my headphones. Only one side works. They r hooked up to the mixer. Any suggestions? Thanx. Marc

Posted Sat 09 Jun 01 @ 4:06 am
Hey Dj's.....nevermind. I figured it all out. This topic could be closed if the members see fit. Thanx All. Marc.

Posted Tue 12 Jun 01 @ 10:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)