Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cant Use Two Sound Cards

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have the fully working version of Atomix 1.12 and i cant use two soundcards! It will only let me use one! When i choose two soundcards it lets me but when i come to mix the two sounds come from the same soundcard!

Can anybody help!lol

Posted Tue 29 May 01 @ 7:45 pm
alreaHome userMember since 2003
To help you, we need to know :
-your OS (Win98,2000...)
-the names of the two sound cards
-your version of directX
-The way you've configured atomix "sound config"

Good luck, and check the previous solutions in this forum.

Adrien.

Posted Tue 29 May 01 @ 8:51 pm
I have a PIII 800Mhz 128mb RAM with a Windows 98 OS, a fully functional version of Atomixmp3, 2 sound cards(Creative SB live! Value and a ES1868 Audiodrive plug and play soundcard). Still, I can't use them both. My configuration settings are: Primary sound card: Creative SB live!
and Secondary sound Card: ES1868 audiodrive
I have also tried hard and soft mix...
The problem is that even if I can hear from both soundcards(if I configure them as Primary), I can't hear from the secondary soundcard in no way! As a matter of fact, I can't hear from both channels with my 3d soundcard(different channel in each output) either. Please help me ASAP, as I am in a great hurry about this. Thank you

Posted Tue 29 May 01 @ 10:22 pm
alreaHome userMember since 2003
You didn't tell me how the right part of atomix "sound config" is set in your config :: you have to select the mixtable to devide the 2 outputs. All the different configs which are enable, have already been described in this forum.

good luck, Adrien.

Posted Wed 30 May 01 @ 3:51 pm

Since you have an Sb Live (3D capable) card, why would you even bother using 2 cards ?

- Set your Soundblaster configuration to 4 speakers
- Change the hardware config of Atomix to 3D card (in the left column)
- Select the mixing table in the right column
- Now the left deck of Atomix comes (in stereo) out of the rear speaker out of your soundcard
- The right deck comes (in stereo) out of the front speaker out of your soundcard

That's what I've done and I'm mixing through an external mixing table. Since I'm using one soundcard (the same as yours I guess) there is no risk of latency between both decks.

Kick out the other soundcard as it is no use and only uses system resources and might create hardware conflicts.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Wed 30 May 01 @ 9:22 pm
I have a soundblaster platiunum and another standerd soundcard! I have a PIII 550 with 25Mb. I have got in the config system of the Atomix and said i have two soundcards and set the platinum no1 and the other no2. Then i come to play the tunes they booth come out from the same soundcard which is the platinum.

What options should i have on to let me use two soundcards and use me external mixer.

:) :)

Posted Thu 31 May 01 @ 10:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)