Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: External Mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can anyone give me some good information on a good external mixer to use with atomix. Advantages of some over others Thanks,

Flip

P.S. I have looked through the forum and have not come across this topic... I am sure it is listed somewhere but there is no search function that I am aware of.

Posted Thu 24 May 01 @ 10:53 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That´s a difficult question! You´ll get many different answers! :-))

I just decided to buy a RELOOP Effex titan. It´s a 2 channel mixer with 3 kill switches and 3 band equalizer (-60/+15db) per channel, changeable crossfader curve, cf reverse, punch in buttons and many other features. The mixer has 2 line and 2 phono inputs, a master and a record output. You can plug your headphones, got a cue fader, but no microphone input.

The mixer costs 430,-DM ($200/Euro210).

mama

Posted Fri 25 May 01 @ 7:51 am
Indeed, a difficult question to answer.

The best approach is to list:
- budget
- the features it requires (preamp, kill, equalizer, crossfader,...)
- the number of entries you want (in case you use other gear aside of your PC)

Then go to a specialized shop and look for the mixers that respond to your requirements (in the hope that those fall within your budget, which is not always the case ;-) )

Personally I use a Deton DJ-14 PreAmp Mixer (that's American gear) which suits me fine.

It has killbuttons for low/mid/high tones, 3 frequency equalizer on each of the channels, 3 channels (I can pick from in total 3 phono entries, 1 Mic entry, 3 Aux or 2 Line entries).
It has a Master Out and a Booth out, a digital crossfader (digital in the sense that the sound doesn't go through the fader) and two transform buttons.
Gain control on each of the channels and gain control on master volume (off course).

Hope this helps.

DJ Corpse

Posted Fri 25 May 01 @ 8:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)