Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Line in

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

This question may have been asked before. Does anyone know of a plugin or anything that will allow atomix to play a line in source? I mean that will allow atomix to match a track to a line in source.

I hope that makes sense. I would like to use it when playing so that I can take over from another dj smoothly without having to beatmatch manually. Am I being wishfull?

Posted Wed 23 May 01 @ 6:07 pm
I'm affraid you will have to beatmatch manually. But that shouldn't be too hard if you are taking over from another DJ who is using vinyl or CD's, as you should be able to plug your soundcard(s) through the mixer and monitor through the headphones.

Anyway - the other DJ has been beatmatching manually all night, so for you to just have to do one mix manually is no real hardship!

And while you are at it - try converting that other DJ to using Atomix in future - the more DJ's that use it, the less times you will have to put that one tune in manually...LOL

Posted Wed 23 May 01 @ 11:10 pm
Thanks Dave

Yeah though as much! LOL will just have to stop being lazy hey??

Posted Thu 24 May 01 @ 6:36 pm
No worries m8.

As an after thought, there are some programs you can get that allow you to tap in a beat on your spacebar or whatever, which then tell you what the bpm of the tune is.

Try this one that I have found :-

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/taptempo.htm

which is free to download.

That should certainly help with setting your tune's bpm to match the other DJ's.

Posted Thu 24 May 01 @ 11:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)