Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: About beat matching

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was practicing my mixes and for some reason my internal database got corrupted. I have about 5500 songs on my hard drive, and had the bpm for about 13 of the songs until the database was corrupted. I had to delete the database in the Atomix folder to bring up Atomix and now that i have it running again all my bpm's are gone. Is there any way to get the bpm's easier than playing each song individually?

And does it matter what 2 soundcards work with the program or does one have to be one type and the other a certain type.
I have an Asound Express now what would be the best companion with this? Thanks

Posted Thu 10 May 01 @ 4:33 pm
Same happened to me m8 - best advice I have seen elsewhere on this forum is to keep a backup copy of the database updated regularly.

As for your soundcard - I don't know that one particularly, but it is best to use another with the same latency - i.e. another one of the same is probably best. However, some people have had problems trying to run the same cards at the same time so it may be a case of suck and see.

I did try running a 16 bit value card alongside my SBLive 128 bit and there was almost a second's delay through the value card, so if you know what 'bit' your Asound card is - try using a different card with different drivers (to avoid any conflicts) but of the same 'bit' as your Asound.

Yan - Mama - anyone else - can you confirm this please?

Hope that helps.

DJ DaveOcean

Posted Thu 10 May 01 @ 8:29 pm
alreaHome userMember since 2003
I advise all users to save their Database once a week : It avoid the problem of coruption ; It also allows after a party to have a safe base, not one whith the cue points of the party and so on...
Good luck to build it up again, alrea.

Posted Thu 10 May 01 @ 9:13 pm
How do you back up your database??????/

Posted Thu 10 May 01 @ 11:44 pm
To back up your database, look in the atomixmp3 folder in your program files - you will see a file called:

atomixMP3 Internal Database

Copy that to another location (a backup folder or floppy, CD, whatever)

Hope that helps.

DJ DaveOcean

Posted Fri 11 May 01 @ 1:04 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
We have added an auto detect BPM feature in the next version ! So when you will scan your hard drive it will add the BPM of each song on the database. But wrong point, this step take a very very long time...

Posted Fri 11 May 01 @ 9:10 pm
alreaHome userMember since 2003
Yan, the time doesnt matter if we just have to scan one time. However the question is : Does it will take such a long time every time we scan a drive or will atomix be able to just refreash the list : add the new files and remove thoses which have been deleted from that drive. It would be great.
Bon mix alrea.

Posted Sun 13 May 01 @ 1:28 pm
The first time I donwloaded Atomix and scanned my hard drive for music files it worked great. Now when i try to locate a music file or scan my hard drive again i keep getting "file creation error" message. Can someone tell me how to correct this?

Posted Tue 29 May 01 @ 3:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)