Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Atomix Crashes after about 5 hours

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
When I Dj, after about 5 hours of playing atomix crashes. It doesn't actually shut down, well at least not right away. But, I am unable to manipulate any of the buttons. When this happens I have to restart my pc. I have tried running atomix as a higher priority, still no luck ! Anyone else have this prob.

Posted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 10:34 am
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Have you got all your other resident programs disabled, I have had no probs with Atomix but some other programs crash if the cpu is working hard and then either a screensaver or virus utility program tries to use the cpu or memory simultaneously..

Just and idea...

STU

Posted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 11:18 am
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use to have the same problem and i am trying to find a solution. I notice crash about 23:00 every Saturday. First i configure Norton utilities and i see it starts to make backup files at this time. I disable this option from Norton. I had a crash about 23:30 in Thusday. I disable auto virus protection and i check all memory resident programs. I use atomix for two days with not a crash. I will use atomix in 31 Dec and 1 Jun and if i got a crash i will report it.

Posted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 11:23 am
No crash at 31 Dec and 1 Jun.

Posted Wed 02 Jan 02 @ 11:13 am
I also have gotten this to happen, unfortunately during live sets! The music keeps playing but I can not do anything in the program, needless to say it is frustrating and embarressing, also - no programs running in Back ground!

~DaSO

Posted Fri 04 Jan 02 @ 8:37 am
Make sure you have the latest DirectX version installed.

I have had similar experiences, and since I've installed the latest DirectX version, it's been a stable as a block of concrete.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Sat 05 Jan 02 @ 2:01 pm
THis may be true for you but not for me.I have used atomix at several Parties which have gone on for longer than 10 hours and have had no problems.The only solution i can offer is that you need a faster and newer computer.I beleive this because all my friends have atomix and only one had the same problem he got a faster computer and it worked.

Dj Cruise

Posted Sat 05 Jan 02 @ 8:17 pm
And i have this problem but with 1.12 version. Now i am ok with v2.0.

Posted Sat 05 Jan 02 @ 10:01 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I have a AMD Athlon 850 Mhz processor with 320 mbs of ram I am sure that my system is quite capable of running Atomix.

Posted Mon 07 Jan 02 @ 7:58 am
Since i deactivate all underground runing programs (like antivirus, backup) i had no crash at all.

Posted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 2:44 am
(nt = no text)

Posted Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 5:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)