Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bug In Beatmatching...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi,

it's me again... i found another one :-)

i load the same song on both players (exactly 130BPM made it in fruity loops)... disabled auto pitch, auto level and auto everything (seems like they aren't perfect yet)...

cued player-a at the first kick... cued the player-b at the first kick...

played player-a...

then after a while, i pressed ENTER in player-b just as a kick was occuring on player-a... (now the songs are a bit out of sync)... so i pressed ENTER again... (now in perfect sync)...

after a while, i noticed that player-b was falling behind and the songs starts to get out of sync (even though the BPMs are exactly matched)...

so i have to press ENTER everytime a kick was occuring... and if i miss the kick and press ENTER a bit late, the mix goes totally out of sync... (here it plays like: kick of player-a is played over the snare of player-b)... so i see this is a serious bug...

conclusion:

i can bare a song falling back as i don't mind pressing ENTER on every kick during the crossfading... what i can't bear is when the magic button acts weird by playing the kick over snare of the other song... (hope u guys get what i'm saying...)

suggestion:

the user must cue the song on a kick of the song... and the programme can do some calculations to find out where the kicks are occuring (using the BPM)... what i mean is, kicks occur at a regular interval and the software should recognise that...

when the magic button of the other player is pressed (must be cued on a kick beforehand), the second song plays its kick ONLY over the kick of the first song (AND NEVER OVER A SNARE), cos by now we have identified when the kicks are occuring...

and there is the cure for the kick over snare problem...

so, i hope you will impliment these as soon as possible...

peace,
nitehawk.

Posted Mon 25 Dec 00 @ 8:51 am
The problem is no song stays at the same bpm's all the time, or at least none of my songs have. So of course it'll eventually fall outta sync. i may be wrong so dont hold this post against me.

Posted Sun 18 Feb 01 @ 12:11 am
Uhh no song stays at the same BPM's all the time?

Isnt that the whole point of techno? To stay one constant banging beat? I disagree with your statement.

Posted Fri 30 Mar 01 @ 3:48 pm
Me too...
I mix with Digital Sl 1200,and with it you can manually get the BPM,the real one,and the BPMs doesnt change,the problem is that the process of autoBPM DOESN"T funtion perfectly.Let me explain,sometimes,depending of the kind of the beat,Automix says that the music is a 96BPM and in the reallity it's a 100BPM music.If you mix with another 100 Real BPM music,you'll have problems,but playing with the same musics,it SHOULDN'T heappen...

Posted Sun 22 Apr 01 @ 1:47 pm
Actually, with two soundcards you can't ever guarantee that two tracks will play in sync (even if they are identical). This is because the crystal that controls the clock of the card only has to be accurate within a certain (not very tight) tolerance. As far as I know, this tolerance is such that after a long track, two cards might be out by as much as a tenth of a second. Annoying, huh? Furthermore, if one of the cards is doing resampling (e.g. Soundblaster Live, which resamples from 44.1 to 48khz) this can introduce timing errors, I think.

Posted Wed 20 Jun 01 @ 6:04 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Yes this the problem with 2 sound cards. So I that's why I prefer the SB Live, because the clock is the same for the 2 outputs.

Posted Wed 20 Jun 01 @ 7:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)