Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: different demo method

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

The trial version of AtomixMP3 is infuriating and worthless because so many features are disabled. How am I supposed to evaluate something which doesn't work? Even basic stuff like automatically playing the next song in the playlist is disabled.

This is even more ridiculous since you already have the popup and audio dropout to defeat illegal use of the program. That's good enough to protect your product. Please release a full-featured nagware trial version!

Aaron Ross
aaron@dr-yo.com

Posted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 4:45 am
Seems like somebody is begging for a free atomixmp3 ... :-p ...
no serious man, the main feature of this prog is the excellent one click beatmatching ... it is not disabled and al the others features are simply extra's because they can be done with external devices from mixers to sound processors etc ...
Atomixmp3 is by far the cheapest and best dj prog out there ...
Greetz, DJ T-Bone

Posted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 1:58 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Come on man, $50 (or whatever it costs these days, I bought it back when it was called "Virtual DJ" :D )

Shell out the cash and you get free updates. I think it's worth it.

Posted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 6:47 pm
NO, no, no, I am not asking for it to be free! I just want to be able to evaluate all of the features, is that too much to ask?

There are similar programs out there; I'm trying to decide which is best for me. And I don't do beatmatching or any of that, just straight crossfades. I'm not a dance DJ.

Aaron Ross
aaron@dr-yo.com

Posted Wed 09 Jan 02 @ 6:01 am
If you want straight crossfades just go with freeware ... there enough progs on the net that can do this great and simply cost nothing ...
Greetz, Dj T-bone

Posted Wed 09 Jan 02 @ 6:06 am
aaron you're a moron. if the all features were available, atomixmp3 2 would have been 'free' fully working on the net long ago. obviosly you don't know there's such thing as piracy going on the net.. lemme guess, you never downloaded any copyrighted mp3 either..

Posted Wed 09 Jan 02 @ 2:36 pm
Please, there is no need to be insulting and rude. Let's try to be cordial.

Many applications offer a free full-featured version with occasional pop-up messages. Or a full-featured version which times out after a while.

AtomixMP3 seems to have a trial version with some features disabled, PLUS a pop-up message which causes the audio to cut out. So with that audio cutting out, you can't use the program in a real situation such as a club or a radio station. That is enough to discourage unauthorized use, but of course it is impossible to totally prevent piracy.

As for the straight crossfading with a freeware program, I have yet to find anything which has all of the features I want. AtomixMP3 is the closest thing I've found so far, but I'm not convinced.

Aaron Ross
aaron@dr-yo.com

Posted Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 9:41 pm
buy the software, it really is good. Very cheap for what you get, and the program has been bullet-proof for me so far on a celeron 466 with 64meg ram! I don't think you will regret buying the full version.

matt

Posted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 8:04 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Sir we will be heppy to advice you to make your choice but more and more people are waiting for a simple time limit protection in order to crack it! So no we will not release any full features trial version !!

Posted Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 4:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)