Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: smp support, digital cd support, good multisoundcard support and externaldevices

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i think atomix would benefit alot from smp for those who have it. for those who don't it won't matter that much.

can u put in support for cd mixing, u can read the data directly from the cd and pass it trough to the soundcard using it's dac to convert the data into sound. it also increases quality of the music as it can reread bad sectors normally corrected by the solomon code. since nowadays people have 16+ speed cdroms it would be a very usefull feature and it wouldn't even be that hard to use pitch and stretch on such a device. i could give u some pointers as where to look at while coding.

i think the soundcard support should be better escpecially in regard to multisoundcards, as pitch and stretch is different for each soundcard (for example even though it states 44khz each soundcard has a slightly different frequency wich makes matching somewhat harder)

try supporting spdif devices to make your program somewhat more flexible. adding md support or other devices like external cd let's u have more variety in devices without spending alot of money

Posted Thu 29 Nov 01 @ 1:23 am
nateHome userMember since 2001
md support? spdif support?

atomixmp3 works fine with these already... that's all based on your hardware.

If your soundcard supports SPD/IF, the output will be avaiable. if you have a minidisc deck, just hook it up to your 'puter and start recording!
(yea, i know, dumb answer)

And I think it's safe to say CD Mixing would be a pain to implement, all the seeking to jump between points in the song would get slow, and if you REALLY want to play your CD's, there is software that'll rip them to MP3 at very high speeds (I can rip at 12x using a fairly old PC)

Posted Mon 03 Dec 01 @ 3:48 am
uhm cd implementation a pain to implement? not by a longshot

implementation of cd audio mixing is quite easy actually as u can pass the data right trough to the dac of the soundcard. not only will u be able to mix with cd's, the sound quality will benefit from it to as normal cdrom players only have a 12 bit dac while the soundcard mostly has a 24-bit phillips crystal dac. if u have left the winamp plugin feature in atomix u wouldn't even have to write program there is already one avaiable

anyway i'll give u some hints on how to program it just extract the raw data and pass it trough to the soundcard dac. the rate at wich this happens will make it possible to slow down and speed up the music.

Posted Fri 14 Dec 01 @ 5:57 pm
btw ripping cd's while mixing music isn't the ideal solution for people who mix at clubs.

Posted Fri 14 Dec 01 @ 5:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)