Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Music Library Catalog

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Back in the old days when I carried at first LP's and 45's, then later CD's, I used to have my music library cataloged. Originally it was so that I could look up a request and find it quickly. However it became an amazing marketing tool. Now that I'm hauling out an 80 gig hard drive full of songs, to type up that data base would be almost as big a project as encoding my archives has been. Atomix lists these files perfectly. It'd be awesome if there were a way to print out the directories exactly as Atomix displays them. I could have one book listed alphabetically by Artists name, and another book listed by song title. When people come up and ask what kind of music do you have, and you hand them a 200 page binder, they are often not only shocked and amazed, but also impressed.
Is there anyway to do this now? Or in the future? Or should I start typing?

Rick

Posted Fri 16 Nov 01 @ 9:34 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Perhaps, you could load all your songs into Winamp and use the "generate HTML playlist" function? Then print out the HTML file and you have an alphabetized list of songs.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 01 @ 10:13 pm
i have my songs put into a mySQL database, too bad atomixmp3 don't have plugin to make SQL queries to find the song..

Database is pretty nice for a large amount of records, you can store stuff like
artist,title,album,songposition,songtitle,songmix,songtime,cuepoints,style/genre,how good is it,comments etc with ease.
also you can have separate table for labels and your orders or loans of records.

Posted Sun 18 Nov 01 @ 11:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)