Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Skipping & Clipping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JeremyHome userMember since 2002
Hey Everyone,

I have used both versions of Atomix for quite some time now. I just got this new version or should I say newer version and I am experiencing some sound problems. I just purchased a new Soundblaster Live 5.1 Dolby Sound or something to that extent. What is happening is the sound is either skipping (like a cd skipping) or you can hear little clipping noises. Has anyone else experienced these problems? When it does not clip the sound sounds great so I am not sure if it is the sound card. What setting does everyone have the sound on? Anyways, this is rather annoying because when you are trying to put a professional sounding mix together that does not make it sound too great!! Any ideas o help would be great!!

Thanks guys,

Jeremy

Posted Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 12:26 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Do you have the full version of 2.1.1, no other versions are supported.

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Posted Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 1:38 am
JeremyHome userMember since 2002
Hello DJ Homeboy,

I just got version 2.1 which is the new one is it not. I don't know about this version 2.1.1 ... what do you mean by no other version supported? You don't have these problems?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Posted Sat 14 Sep 02 @ 3:38 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think the question means, do you have either the currently available demo, or do you have the full registered version, which would be patched to be version 2.1.1. Or are you using an outdated cracked or hacked version in which case we really can't offer any help because part of any problem that you are having may have been caused by the crack, or by the modifications made to make it work.

Posted Sat 14 Sep 02 @ 1:52 pm
If you have 2.1 update to 2.1.1. Also register your nick. Would be more than happy to help you.

Posted Sat 14 Sep 02 @ 4:05 pm
Hey Guys,

I just have the demo right now. I am all for purchasing the full version but am a little worried that I will still experience the skipping. What do you mean by register my nick? Anyways, it sounds like you are saying if the full version is purchased then this skipping goes away. What it is to be a little more clear is it sounds like when you are driving in your car and you hit a bump causing your cd player to skip ahead a few seconds. That is what is happening.

Thanks guys, look forward to your reply!!

Jeremy

Posted Wed 18 Sep 02 @ 12:54 am
Jeremy,

There are many things that could cause this problem. Soundcard, drivers, OS. I believe there has been reported errors with the soundblaster live soundcard. Do you have any other soundcard you could install to test if this is the problem ?

Posted Sat 12 Oct 02 @ 9:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)