Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help wiht my mixing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey im brand new at this but i have to admit this is some filthy stuff. im a student in the US at c89.5 radio in seattle. we are a dance station and a fairly popular one to. www.c895fm.com anyway, im was wondering if u can isolate a vocal and play it over a beat. i can get bgood beats but i need vocals that are alone. does anyone knoe if there is anyway to do that?

Dj_JohnSimon

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 7:11 am
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Your best bet is just to find acappella versions of songs.

The problem being that vocals cover a wide sonic range and so are pretty hard to isolate.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 10:49 pm
i have the most trance/clubhardhouse acapellas, which one do you need, maybe i can help you?

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 12:01 am
thanks for the offer, i really dont know whats good an whats not, if u have some derude basment jaxxx, and anyother good stuff that would be great.

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 12:41 am
whats a web page where i can get acoustics only stuff? anyone know

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 12:58 am
cooldirkth .... you have ?:

Dee Dee - Forever
Iio - Rapture

Anything by Diana Fox, Milk Inc.

Thanks !!!!!

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 1:07 am
yeha raputre is a great song, how about some gigi dagostino and kylie minouge
anyu idea for finding beats?

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 4:08 am
Alright, if you take the microphone and sing into it... you have vocals.... isolated...

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 5:44 am
Even with our terrible voices !!!

Hey, DJ's can sing too !

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 6:07 am
roryHome userMember since 2001
bru it looks like you need more help with your spelling than with your mixing. lets hope your mixing is better...

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 11:39 pm
i can give these to you, but i think its easier to just get them the way i did: go to www.audiogalaxy.com, download the satellite, login...

Then just search for: "acapella +song title" or "a capella +song title"... Kylie and gigi dagostino i have of those mentioned, maybe you can get rapture and others too this way... If there is a vocal sample of a song it is in audiogalaxy i believe...

Posted Fri 05 Apr 02 @ 2:13 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
I have IIO-Rapture acapella version.

Posted Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 2:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)