Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: what a shame

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

what a shame.. censorship on a forum.. tsk tsk. instead of deleting messages, why not just leave them up and allow them to be addressed accordingly? what's up with that atomix team? i'm a paying customer so i'd sure like to know

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 9:35 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Well, I don't see any deleted messages... :D

Actually, the mods here only delete messages when they contain illegal information, like serials / cracks / download links for full version software.

Other threads are locked so you can see what happened, but nobody can post any more illegal responses.

It's not censorship because on a private page, freedom of speech is not a right but a privelege.

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 10:32 pm
yeah, i know it's a privilige.. i realise that. and yes, i have had some messages deleted, and i also understand your process of locking certain topics. i just feel some information is being somewhat hidden or not being allowed to be explained. i posted a message about there being no more free updates. i looked.. and well, nope, not there. i see somewhat of a response to it, but my message isn't there. why?

when stuff like this happens it makes me feel atomix is trying to hide information from me and other users. to me that doesn't seem like good business. i appreciate honesty and frankness. shadiness makes me want to take my business elsewhere.. which i don't want to do cuz i really like atomix and where it's heading. but once trust starts to be lost.. oooh well. bye bye atomix.

this is my opinion.. and it's a forum is it not? this is what i feel forums are for. the exchange of information, ideas, and opinions.

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 10:44 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
we are not hidding informations to our registered users but we try to avoid hackers to crack atomix easily and if we found that a post can help hackers or crackers we moderate it immediatly

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 11:32 pm
i gotcha Yan, i would do the same thing.. i can understand that one. I wouldn't allow something like that either. what i'm saying is that i had a message deleted talking about the whole no free updates thing. i wasn't the hacker asking for a password. i don't know who that jackle is. this is phatty720 by the way. trust me, i'm not all about gettin' cracks out for atomix. i paid the 60 bucks for it.

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 11:36 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Yeah, that's fine with me... I want to know if I'm getting updates, too...

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 4:48 am
You asked if you would still be entitled to future updates and they deleted the message?! That is not good. Very strange behaviour, looks like it's information that the Atomix Team don't want made public knowledge yet.

Oh well, what can you do?

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 1:12 pm
can anyone help me and tell me how i can stop the songs from skipping

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 7:46 pm
What are your computer specs?

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 11:14 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Not knowing your exact computer specifications, all I can offer is that you may need a better computer, or make sure that you don't have any resident programs running in the background. If you are running an older slower opperating system, try to upgrade. Add some additional Ram. I have 128 meg of ram in my laptop (amd 800), it's pretty smooth. Never a skip, click, pop, or pause. My desktop is a p-4 1.8g. Never any skipping poping or pausing there either. I'm told Atomix doesn't need a supercomputer to run properly, so I'd say uninstall anything you don't really need that may be taking up valuable resourses that your machine needs to run Atomix smoothly.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 1:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)