Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone. I just bought atomixmp3 and I love it. I read almost all the messages on this forum and I read all these stuff about external mixer and input or output soundcards and all these other stuff. Can someone help me out on telling me what does are and if I need to get them and where can I get them. I am trying to get the most out of this product. Thank you very much for the help

Posted Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 7:27 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It depends what you are planning to use it for. You probably don't really need a mixer if you aren't going to be using Atomix to work clubs and parties and such.

Posted Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 7:34 pm
I will be probably using it at parties for now, its just that I want to get the full potential out of it, and basically I am a rookie that needs to learn all these little tricks, so if anyone could help out, thanks

Posted Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 9:23 pm
Well, if you are gonna use it in public, you should get a mixer and an amp, and some decent speakers. Time to hit your local DJ store and ask about a million questions so you can be smart enough to make the right choices.
I use it for a living. I have a Numark 1835 beatkeeper mixer, a QVC PL 1600 amp, a 15 band eq, and a Denon 2600f CD player, all nicely contained in a carpeted console that I made myself. (I don't like the mass produced consoles) Plugged into a set of MTX 15 inch 2 way speakers.
and, oh yeah... A Sony Vaio Laptop computer loaded with Atomix, with an 80 gig firewire hard drive with 17,000 songs.
That's just what I use... there are hundreds of configurations that can be used. This one works for me. Might not be the best out there, but it's pretty darn good I think.

Posted Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 9:31 pm
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Why does everbody works with a laptop, isnt it easy to use a desktop with a tft or a tochscreen, it saves a lotta money (that will not be the case when you will use a touhc screen) and you can put more in it. i made a flight case white a desktop, when i open it in the top i build in a 15" tft, than theres a build in mixer i will juse the mouse on the right and the keyboard on the left. on the front there is a cd rom writer for updates and on the back the inputs and outputs
finish the whole case with a cool look and the people will be amezed. when i go to a bar i only have to hook up on there systems and iam ready to go.
A few months ago i was at a wedding and the dj was still playing records and cd's, That fools had to rent a van for there equipment, and when you askt for a song the had to search as hell, i gived them a paper with the line WWW.ATOMIXMP.COM.

Posted Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 10:35 pm
The propperly search ass hell for the website to because i forgot the 3.
Poure Guy's

Posted Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 10:37 pm
I carry a laptop because some of the clubs I work at also have a house system (or one of my back-up systems that I leave there). I fit the laptop, the hard drive, and everything I need into a laptop carrying case, and throw this into the trunk of my motorcycle, then have a great ride to work, and even better, a great ride home after a night of mixing. I don't think I could get a desktop on the motorcycle.

Posted Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 11:01 pm
You could fit it, but the long blond is more importent ;-)).
And you proberly have the luxurie to live in a hot country.
I am living in rainey Holland.

But stil i found a laptop to $$$$ and i didn't like the idee of the external hardrive and soundcart + i like to use a raid controller for a automatic backup, once i whas playing in a bar and my hardrive chrashed, and i will never let that happen again.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 02 @ 12:05 am
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
Nope I tried my home-compu on the bike. That wasn't a good idea.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 02 @ 10:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)