Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: thinking about a purchase

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok guys help me out. I have been playing with the demo version for a while and tommorow I am finally buying a laptop. I like the beat matching but I was wondering about storing and locating mp3s once I get them into my new computer? does this program make folders for differnt music categories? and how can I make mp3s from the cds I already have? I am very excited about being a "digital Dj". One last question.... How do you find out about all the buttons and feature on the program is there a help or do you just have to play with it? I would be very happy with any help someone could give

Posted Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 9:48 am
Good look finding the best laptop for you!

Answers to your questions:

1)put your songs into individual folders for the kind of music that you want, and put all those folders into one folder so that all those folders will come up in one easy directory in atomixmp3.

2) To make an mp3 from a cd is called "ripping." To do this you need to download a ripper. I would suggest going to downloads.com and downloading musicmatch jukebox. Once you're in musicmatch, put your cd into your cd rom drive, then go to the file menu and go to convert. You want to convert your track from .wav to .mp3, and then you're all done once it's done ripping (will take less than a minute perhaps a few seconds if you computer really fast). Now you're ready to start mixin'!

3) I mostly learned by experimentation, but if you look in the support section of this website, there is an online manual that will help you with all your needs. If you can't find what you need in the online manual, ask your question on the forum.

Good luck!

I Hope I Could Be Of Assistence!

-MixMasterMatt

Posted Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 1:05 pm
just follow what MixMasterMatt have said!
for the ripping u can use windac to rip your audio cd s.
cuz it works fine for me!and finally you need a powerfull laptop try to buy the best for ur money more ram will improve the performance. Good luck!!!

Posted Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 2:51 pm
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Oke some tips for ripping,

1 normalize your Mp3
2 When giving your files a name start with the artist - titel
3 Go for 128kbits quality, it's good enove
4 make folders like as followd

Dance .....and put in dance sub folders like...
Trance, Club, Techno, Party, lounge, classics.

Pop .......
60/70, 80, 90, 00

Rock .....
Hardrock, rock, rock and roll, ballads, bleus.

Soul ......
Soul, R&b, Hip-hop,

Specials .....
Birthday, spanish, latin, tv/tunes etc.

or just dump all your files in one directorie sorth them out in playlist's like i describted, than you don't have to worry about file movement.

For the rest Atomixmp3 is the best to buy at the moment, and it's very powerfull and easy to use.

Good luck.

SalVa

Posted Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 10:18 pm
Hip Hop isn't soul! LOL. Don't worry, I still respect you Salva since you are knowledgable in atomixmp3!

-MixMasterMatt

Posted Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 10:21 pm
actaully....maybe it is.......tough question....

-MixMasterMatt

Posted Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 10:22 pm
Hip-Hop comes direct from soul my brother!!!.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 02 @ 12:06 am
first there was Bleus than came soul, Funk, Hip-hop/rap, R&B.
I think:-/

Posted Tue 05 Mar 02 @ 12:09 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I keep my files in 26 folders. A, B, C, and so on. All artist who's name begins with the letter "A" are in the "A" directory. I used to store my Vinyl the same way, and eventually my CD's were stored the same way. It seemed the most natural way of doing things. Anyway, it works for me. With Atomixmp3's search function, I barely even browse the directories anymore.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 02 @ 1:00 am
Man thanks for the help guys I am so excited about this I cant wait to get started I hope everything goes as well as I hope or even half as well as I hope I DJ pretty often and last week I had to deal with not one but 2 cd's scratching it was very embarassing Im sick of that. also I hate carrying around more than I have to (although I will keep a backup system just in case) thanks again for the help

Posted Tue 05 Mar 02 @ 2:17 am
(nt = no text)

Posted Tue 05 Mar 02 @ 9:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)