Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: calculating bpm

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

alright.. i think we'll all agree that atomix does an excellent job at calculating the bpm for most house and trance.. but it pretty much craps out for jungle and breakbeats. I was wondering, anyone out there got a fast easy way for calculating those bpm's? i usually just set a loop and manually adjust the bpm until it loops on time. anyone know of any good bpm progz or appz?

Posted Fri 22 Feb 02 @ 9:57 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I can tell two ways for calculate bmps that I use:
1- Put another song with a good bass and try to calculate the bpm of the other song (the one that you have problems).-
2- Or bpm studio is fine too.-
Bye,
Dj Coc "Argentina"

Posted Fri 22 Feb 02 @ 10:14 pm
Do you prepare the toons first by letting atomix calculate the BPMs and storing same?

I use original skin with disc image and drop toon around 360 for natural bpm

Sems to help..

Posted Tue 26 Feb 02 @ 7:54 pm
yeah i've tried pretty much everything. BPM studio that dj Coc suggested worked pretty good actually for all the breakbeat and offbeat songs. it usually calculated exactly half of what the bpm really was.. just had to multiply by 2 and i had it.. pretty slick. i hope 2.1 has a better bpm calculator for anything that's offbeat.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 02 @ 9:10 pm
traktor works out a lot of breakbeats and non 4/4 stuff just doesnt do trx tht have triplets in them,
i wish atomixmp3 would do this,its so easy all you have to do is loop 1 bar which the human selects and then your there! come on ATomixmp3!

Posted Thu 28 Feb 02 @ 1:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)