Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PLEASE Tell me what you think ..... !

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

http://123dj.com/mixers/gemini/bpm250.htm

I am serious about getting this ! It's perfect for what i use it for. It has 3 channels, 3-Band EQ / Channel. I know it has a BPM counter, but i DO NOT plan on using it anyway. I am replacing my Behringer DX-100 (Sorry, But its time little guy), so this would be a step up for me.

I know its nothing like Vestax or Stanton, but I am only going to use it for recording mixes and small parties with my friends. So please don't expect me to shell out 300 bucks ... becuase i
cannot afford a $300 mixer, I'm NO proffesional (yet).

PLEASE GIVE ME ANY INPUT !! I have been told that Gemini is not one of the best ! SO tell give me ANY (educated) input !

Cheers !!! (GO CANADA HOCKEY - Sorry Finland, Belarus -You're next)
Dave.

Posted Fri 22 Feb 02 @ 3:27 am
This is a neat mixer. It has a feature that not only lets you know if the tracks are "in beat", but also "in bar"!!

Brad

Posted Fri 22 Feb 02 @ 3:49 am
I forgot to mention it's only $79 US (That has go to be a mistake)

Posted Fri 22 Feb 02 @ 4:03 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
sounds like a great price.... but I learned a long time ago, (when I bought a geminii mixer) you get what you pay for.
I'd go with just about any other brand!!

Posted Fri 22 Feb 02 @ 7:59 am

Posted Sat 23 Feb 02 @ 6:32 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Definitively the Behringer! I had a Reloop Effex until now, but changed to Behringers DX500, because since the VMX where released, it´s very cheap for what you get. A great mixer!

Posted Sat 23 Feb 02 @ 7:23 pm
Ok then, Gonna save for that Behringer! :o) thx Mama

Posted Sat 23 Feb 02 @ 8:21 pm
People think behringer mixers are crap since they are so cheap ... but the real reason they are so cheap is that they are all "knock-offs" of other brands, and they have their own factories. I would definately go with a VMX !

Behringer has the absolute best value for money !

Posted Sun 24 Feb 02 @ 12:20 am
Hi,
I'm using a Behringer DX 1000. It's a big but very usefull mixer, with some spare parts .... (I'm only using two out of seven channels). Bought it for 320 euro's, copple of weeks later they were for sale for 250 euro's, it's really value for money!

Stylo

Posted Sun 24 Feb 02 @ 11:52 am
Personally I'd stay away from both Gemini and Behringer. Most places where I buy my equipment won't even carry them, because the return rate is so high. They get so many complaints about the quality of the equip., that it's in their best interest not to even sell it. I understand a tight budget, but just try to keep that in mind.

Saint James

Posted Sun 24 Feb 02 @ 8:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)