Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The Best way for Splitting lage WAV files ..... !!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have played around with many programs that split large .WAV and ,MP3 files .... but most them are not good.

For those of you that like to record your mixes through your external mixer, this is the best way to record your mixes (only if you have the full version, i am not sure if you can record in the demo):

1) Run the master, record or booth output from your mixer to the line-in jack of your soundcard.

2) Use a program like total recorder (www.totalrecorder.com), to record the input of the line-in.

3) After that ... you will have this massive .WAV file, runatomix in record mode with auto-cut and auto-start enabled. Have the SAME file playing on both decks.

4) Start playing the first part of the file which you want track one, On the second deck, set the cue point where you want the next track to begin. When you want split to the next track, at the same time play and move the crossfader ALL THE WAY to the opposite deck.

5) Keep doing this all the way to the end.

6) Keep them in wav format if you want to burn them and/or use an wav encorder program (i use CDEX) to encode them to mp3's

7) Randomly give copies to some nice girls, convincing them you're going to be the next Paul Oakenfold.

i hope this helps.
Cheers.
Dave.

Posted Sun 10 Feb 02 @ 8:52 pm
why don't you just press play on the one deck and press record and when you want to cut just press cut its a lot easier!!!! then delete the big wav file afterwards

Posted Sun 10 Feb 02 @ 9:30 pm
Dont i look like an idiot ? I've used the recording features before .... i just happened to miss the "cut to another track" icon. stupid me !!!!!!!!

Posted Sun 10 Feb 02 @ 10:04 pm
tssssssssssssssss

Posted Mon 11 Feb 02 @ 1:00 am
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
But why don't you use CDWav for splitting your WAV's?? Just try it, it's free so, TRY IT OUT!! Look on the following page http://www.homepages.hetnet.nl/~mjmlooijmans/cdwave/

PS: you can buy the program but the version I downloaded doesn't have a restriction on it so... ;-)

O and the other thing...I haven't seen a better program for doing this kind of split jobs!!!!!

Hope you do something with it.

Cheers, Rogerzzz

Posted Mon 11 Feb 02 @ 7:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)