Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help on html

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Any body knows a tag to make cache expired on IE. I have use everything and still shows the old version of the page on IE. Netscape is no problem with no-cache meta tag.

Thanks

Posted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 3:37 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don´t know, where exactly it is in the english IE, but in the german one, you have a point called "Extras" in the menu bar, then "Internet Options" and there, on the first "general?" rider, the second part called "Temporarily Internet Files", "Settings" you´ll find the entry "New version of sites...", "Every time...".

As said, I don´t know, if the translation is the same... :-)

Posted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 12:58 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
It's tools-Internet Options- In the General tab, In the Temporary internet files sections, click "Setings" and choose now "Every visit to the page". Now klick OK twice. That's what mama said, but with the correct terms of the english version now ;-)

Greetz, ikke

Posted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 1:49 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thx Ikke! :-))

Posted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 5:26 pm
Which version of IE are you using?

You can add this:

www.markp.com

And it will reload the page every 90 seconds... not very userfriendly, but the only other option is to send a cookie to the users machine, then refresh your layout as above if the cookie is older than a specified period of time.

M

Posted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 7:57 pm
Thanks for all your help.
I see thet page for Atomix and it dosen't have many cache control that I can see and still show the updates.
By the way i'm using IE 5 up.

thanks
and Happy 2002 for all of yours and families, very prosperous and healthy 2002.

abel

Posted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 9:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)