Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mixvibes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been an atomix user of Atomix for a long time.

I came to the conclusion that Atomix WAS THE F*CKING KILLER OF DJ PROGRAMS OUT THERE after testing many other programs.....All the others are pieces of crap!

Could any of you guys tell me honestly what you think of mixvibes?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has quite of bit features but is definetely harder to use and lacks the ease of use and functionality atomix has.

Thanks Guys
Cheers.

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 7:52 am
I think that mixvibes is more interresting for professionnal use as there are more control about cue, loops, pitch and a separate wave display.
For begining, atomix is more suitable with the excellent auto synchronization feature.

For sound quality and performance, i prefer mixvibes.

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 9:27 am
mixvibes sucks, pcdj red is better i think, but atomixmp3 is the winner... And still i don't understand why everybody complains about the sound quality of atomixmp3... I have compared sound in other programs with atomix very intensive but i couldn't hear any difference, or is the poor sound quality only in software mode (because i use hardware mode)...

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 2:52 pm
I used to use Mixvibes, but then I discovered atomixmp3. Mixvibes was only good in crossfading and changing pitch. I didn't even find a beatmatch feature. I think it is more expensive then atomixmp3 also. Atomixmp3 is sooo much better, because it's easier to use, and has more practical features that djs use. I am very Happy with atomixmp3. Keep up the good work, and great upgrades team!

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 3:56 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
I think Mixvibes is better than PCDJ Red, but Atomix is loads better than both of them together ;-). It really kicks ass.
I e.g. don't like the GUI of Mixvibes.

Greetz, ikke

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 3:58 pm
Also, PCDJ Red is expensive, and when I used PCDJ in the past, my computer kept freezing. People, just buy Atomixmp3! Free updates for life! It's only $60!

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 4:01 pm
I think both mixvibes and pcdj,and many other programs,aren't at the same level of atomixmp3,(atomix is beeeeeeeeeeeetter...)only program could be is traktor dj,but is very heavy to run in "slow computers" (p2 or k6 - 2),and i dont like separate waves displays... Atomix mp3 is the best program: easy to use, VERY LIGHT,and it costs NOTHING!!!I think if atomix will have more features(like a scratch, pich bend,brake...),it will be better...

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 8:12 pm
For the record : Atomix has a pitchbend function (accessible via the keyboard shortcuts)

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 8:18 pm
Ops, sorry Corpse...

Posted Mon 24 Dec 01 @ 11:11 am
Well, now I heard mixvibes has one veeeeeeery important function you almost can't work without (and Atomix doesn't supports this :-(): you can use the Numarc USB controller. Can't you implement this? It'd really increase the worth of your product, if possible (well, I mean it's already that good... ;-)).

Greetz, ikke

Posted Mon 24 Dec 01 @ 6:28 pm
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
Atomix would be absolutely amazin if the teamers could adapt their software to use the numark controller!!! I'd pay another US$60 for it!!!!! Steph, is it possible to use the numark controller??? can u have a go @ it?

.::DJ2nV::.

Posted Mon 24 Dec 01 @ 10:27 pm
Really, whence you've got a hardware controller, a mixer, 2 soundcards and a good pc, you've got the best DJ setup you'd ever dream about.

Greetz, ikke

Posted Mon 24 Dec 01 @ 10:54 pm
I will admit that atomix is a wonderful program. Its great for beginner dj's, but its so simple to use even a 10 year old could create perfect mixes with the auto-beat match. I use both vinyl and cd decks. I bought atomix as a way to play around at home. I mean come on here, anyone with half a brain could mix with atomix. Nothing against the developers here, you did a wonderful job on the proggy and I send out my congrats to you. Its just, atomix is like a toy and thats about it.

Posted Tue 25 Dec 01 @ 7:20 am
Thats true!!!!

Here i am sitting in my bedroom making these awesome mixes....but it is too easy...and i dont feel i have really accomplished anything.....i feel you dont need much talent to do something like this.

Now mixing vinyl is a different story...it takes ALOT of practice to master shit like beatmatching, "letting go" and scratching.

Atomix all you have to do is drag a file onto the desk and cue it at the right point.

But you can argue whatever....one may say using "atomix" is like "training wheels"....while another can say "it all on how it sounds".

Whatever...either way atomix kicks ass.
Lemme know what you think of this

Cheers.
DVP

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 7:08 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If it was that simple to make a crowd dancing, there would be no prof DJ on this world anymore. To perform a gig in a club is not only to set the beats of two songs. That really would be too simple! :-)

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 10:41 am
I have used Atomix in the past. Like everyone says, its a great and easy to use program. However, on a more professional level, I would definitely go with Mixvibes. It has so much more to offer.

Posted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 10:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)