Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Atomix removes the beats. and that suck ass.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

have you noticed that atomix tend to remove some beats?

this happends when there ar 2 songs with almost identical beats, every 2nd or every 5th beat is even much lower or higher volume...this sux.

you can hear it all to well when beats are fucked up.

you can hear what i mean here: (small mix, 1,3 mb)

http://home.no.net/flcrock/mix.rar

(made with an ext mixer, but it is atomix that has the problem)
(the server didn't want .mp3 files...extract with rar)

team: is there any plans to fix this? its really irritating...

keep up the good work. overall yore product rules! :p

:+: dj vishnu :+:

Posted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 9:08 pm
hehe. some spelling err's i see.. :p

Posted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 9:10 pm
If you know anything about sound waves then you would know what is happening. As long as two beats are playing at approximately the same volume (no matter how good the equiptment is) you will get this effect. It is called constructive and destructive wave interference. There is nothing atomix can do about this effect. if you mixer has a 3 band eq or if you get the new version of atomix you can eliminate this problem by only playing one bass line at a time.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 9:21 pm
Try to play the second song some milisec back so that the beat doesn mach with the other

Posted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 9:54 pm
Similar frequencies cancel each other out if they meet at the right time and place. This is why some cancel out and others do not, creating the higher and lower bass beats during a mix. Use the low frequency equalizer control to remove one of the basslines when mixing, then slowly bring in the new bassline.

The same effect of wave cancellation can be seen with light waves (radio waves) when equal frequency 'troughs' meet 'crests' in two colliding waveforms, anulling each other. A physics textbook can explain this in detail, it's interesting to learn.

A simple experiment can be done using a tub of water - create waves in the water on one side of the tub, then, at the same time, create waves on the other side of the tub of a similar strength to the initial ones. Watch as they collide in the middle of the tub and anull each other, or if two 'crests' meet, watch how they reinforce each other, making a bigger 'crest' (with bass beat sound, a louder bass beat). Now change the frequency or force of the waves on one side of the tub and see the difference, when a big crest meets a small trough for instance, the crest rather than being cancelled, survives albeit smaller than before, this is why some bass beats don't suffer so much from the interference effect, they still remain 'loud' or 'strong'.

I'm bad at explaining things, but I hope you get the gist of it.

MiXmAsTeR

Posted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 11:33 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Try turning off "Master Tempo" for slightly higher quality, but the other posters are right - the waves are canceling each other out.

And, how could you say "atomix has the problem" - go listen to only one channel playing and you will not hear the bass cancellation. It's only when it overlaps.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 2:33 am
hey, i know bout interference, but you can hear the missing beats even when you only have one of the trax in the headset.

i solv the problem with removing the baselines like you anonymous-something said.

:+: dj vishnu :+:

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 8:16 am
I've never had beats missing when only one track is playing, that cannot be wave cancellation. I would say that it isn't a problem with Atomix, as I've never experienced that and I don't know of anyone else who has. Maybe it's the track itself? Play it with WinAmp or something and see if it's any better. And as Dams said, turn off Master Tempo, that can give a similar problem...

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 1:34 pm
DJTalon recommended it, not Dams. Ooops.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 1:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)