Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: My Meager Thoughts On V2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Okay, in the complete fear of being abused by some "anonymous" (when will the team stop anon. posting?) I'm going out on a limb and saying....

I'm not sure that I like version 2.

There, I've said it. I mean no disrespect to the entire Atomix team. They have worked hard regaurdless. I just can't help but feel that version 2 is awarkward to use. Now I know I've only had it for around 24 hours but it feels to me that V2's sole purpose was for ejay. I mean the interface and the overall "feel" of the program is kind of cheap, very commercial. I think the Eq's have the best function of any software EQ around but there awkward to use with those inversed knobs and small size. Obviously a good skin will fix this. I also think that the rtyhem window is hard to interpret and the effects are corney. Anyways I have more abition to go and buy a mixer.

On a positive note, the looping and other basic features (I like the added recording functions) are great and I'll still continue to use this great product. Thanks atomix.

BB.

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 7:35 am
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
Your comments im sure are being taken into account, and hopefully the team are working on some professional lookin skins...

Beyond the skin, atomix V2 is a very powerful mixing tool, and its asthetic problems will be fixed asap...

.::DJ2nV::,

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 10:23 am
yep .. i fully agree with BB .. seems as tho ejay has a more complete product on their hands. i really dislike the current blue and yellow skin .. makes visual mixing near impossible .. please release some new ones!! im sure tho that version 2s stability is far better than ejay and i expect we will get updates far quicker .. so all hope is not lost .. thanx to all at atomix fer finally giving us the goods tho =)

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 11:57 am
I agree about eh EQ - It is hard to grab those little rotary knobs.

*** IMPROVEMENT IDEA ***

Redo the skin/program so the EQ are sliders just like the volume. Then you can easily slide them up or down and have them "lock" in the middle standard position.

Also I use a laptop. Could you come up with a Laptop Skin that brings back the older and BIGGER visual beat display like Virtual DJ (Was that the name - I forgot it was so long ago)
It is hard to see the moving display on older laptop (2 years old) because of the cheaper displays. Instead of making the WAVE display like it is look at OTSJ*ke's wave display when editing in and out points of songs (It is 100% solid color - this is more professional)

Just some suggestions.

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 2:58 pm
Yes I think sliders for the Eq's would be better. Perhaps you could slave some sliders to a master. They could slide inversely to each other. What I mean is that when, say left chan. bass is slid up, the right chan. bass automatically slides down. This would help the problem of not having "two hands" as it were. Also, someone else commented on the fact that the older pitch sliders were better. That's probably the skin? Oh, I would like to have slightly bigger faders I think.... Basically, I would have put the looping function (which would be awesome on a CDJ!), EQ's and better effects on the old 1.12 interface.

Anyways, like Nero said, it is one hell of a powerful program, and still very, very good.

Posted Sun 02 Dec 01 @ 3:12 am
I think they (or someone) should redo the Denon skin for 1.2 - shouldnt be that hard, but I don't know how to do it myself!

Posted Sun 02 Dec 01 @ 6:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)