Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Atomix V2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
This is a beautiful package for DJ's of any skill level... The auto bpm match has been much improved, the eq's sound great (not that im usin them now, i use an external mixer) the software is packed with great features, and its still US$60!!! Anyone who was considering buyin atomix once V2 was release, get out and buy it b4 the price rises!!!! this easily has enough features to make a CDJ100 look shit...

V2 has great sound quality, and is very user friendly, and by far the biggest improvement is the effects, and to sweeten the effects, you can download new ones, and implement them into the software easily!!! Atomix V2 Rules!!!!

Atomix V2 has set a new benchmark for DJing software, and it will take a very long time for any other software developer to make something barely comparable to Atomixmp3 V2!!!

.::DJ2nV::.

Posted Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 11:49 pm
Ok...

I have just finished giving Atomix 2 a good workout. Here is my opinion on it.

New features like the eq are a awsome. There should have been one on previous versions anyway.

I think the design, colors are completely ugly, not to mention very hard on the eyes. Who designed the artistic part of this? They should be fired. The beat screen is completely disgusting. Very childish graphics.

On the control, it sucks. I miss having a slider for the bpm control. The eq controls are way to small. The newly designed file system is not the easiest to navigate compared to the previous version. Also, when you are matching the beats, everynow and then you get a mix ruining sound when using the "magic" button.

All in all, I am not very satisfied with the new version. Besides the eq, which is the only thing the previous versions need, I dont like it. Maybe in the next version you can take a listen to all of us on the forum and put in the features and the ease of use we have been asking for. For right now, I am going to stick with ver. 1.12, using the denon skin. Clean simple design is what it is, thats the way it should be.

Dj JasonR

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 3:36 am
if ur such an pro or wateva, y dont u have an external mixer, then u dont need to use the eqz.........
come on, it is software, and u can only squeeze so much onto a screen at any one time anyhow..

How about you look into developin your own skin, show us wat ur made of... Atomix V2 is fully skinable, and there are instructions as to how to make a skin @ dis site...

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 3:49 am
if the colours are too hard on your eyes, turn the brightness on your monitor down.......... Lol

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 3:52 am
What the hell? I gave the new version my honest opinion of how it is to me strait out of the box. Yes, as a matter of fact I do have a external mixer, again though, I reviewed the program as it comes downloaded, not what you can add to it. If you are satisfied with the program, fine. Thats you. But my comment was in no way directed towards you, but to the developers.

"if the colours are too hard on your eyes, turn the brightness on your monitor down.......... Lol"

You are a really funny guy. How long did it take you to think that up? Dont you think if that was the problem I would have done that? When I refer to the colors of 2.0, I am referring to the scheme. They chose too bright of colors and the beat window is hardly able to be seen correctly with the background chosen for the beat colors.

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 4:38 am
I would also like to point out that I am a satisfied 1.12 user. I just don't think the wait for v.2 was worth it. AGAIN, this is MY opinion.

Dj JasonR

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 4:52 am
No offense implied by my statement..
fuk it took me 1/4 of a second to think it up, i was usin atomix at 2am this mornin, and i had no probs...
Chill mate.............

sincerely,

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 6:27 am
I would have to totally agree with Jason in every regard. A great program but V2 is to cluttered. I would have prefferd version 1.12 with the loop, an improved layout EQ and the effects. None of those cheap looking graffics and fancy browsing. Who needs all that when your playing out at a party anyways? I think the atomix team has done extremly well but I echo jason's comment, I don't feel that it was worth the wait. Let ejay users have the jazzed up commercial version. Give the loyal users what they want I say.

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 7:43 am
I think you guys only have a shallow understanding of what was made in this new version. The software was entirely re-coded ! That means that now the upgrades will be much easier. The comments about the skin are irrelevant, because there is only one skin available at this time, but there will be many other in a few days. Just saying that what you see and hear now is only the very first consequence of all the work done by the team in the past ten months. I think you will soon agree with this.
Enjoy this powerful tool.

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 12:26 pm
What the "team" should have done was take v 1.12 and add the new features to it.

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 9:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)