Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: answer from the dev team

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK at last an answer from the developement team.

I just read this forum, and I must say I am very surprised.

In fact, we've been talking with ejay for a while now to work on the release of a new product (called DJ Mix Station), that is merely atomix v1.2 but should be branded by ejay.

But what surprise me is that they still haven't received the final version, so I don't understand how some of you could have bought it already.
If you did, you must have been given a very old beta, so I really recommend not to use it live in a gig :)

I'll call ejay tomorow to know what's going on.

Now let's answer to the question everybody is asking:
dj mix station is the "baby user" version of atomix, for people who use it only at home to burn mixed CDs.
Next to that, Atomix will continue to develop software for semi-pro or pro DJ's who use it live for gigs or parties.
So an Atomix v1.2 will be released, with functionalities more suited to a live use, and the upgrade policy of the company remain the same.
I would even say that now that the time-consuming business part of the work is done with this contract with ejay, we'll be able to provide updates at the same frequency as we did last year. And believe us, with all this time we spent talking business instead of coding, we have a lot of new ideas to implement.

Stephane C.

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 12:33 am
oh and by the way, don't be to hard on yan-x, he really didn't know what was going on.

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 12:36 am
THANK YOU STEPHANE !!!! This is what we've been waiting for sooo long...! As I told everyone already, the DJ MixStation version I've got must be the same one that's going to be shipped (since I've got it directly from them), and it says nothing about being a beta or an alpha version !

And now that you know the power of this forum - please keep us informed in the future and I'll promise you success and support from us.

Best regards,

// Nick

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 12:39 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thank you sooo much for the update. I hate to ask this, but can we assume that the release of Atomix v1.2 is near? (the one with functionalities more suited to live use)

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 1:11 am
:))) YAY!

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 1:25 am
YAYYYY!! The answers are here!

blah on atomix for making us wait to hear this, but oh well... but big ups that they truely ARE going to release a PRO version of eJay, atomix 1.20 or whatever they're gonna call it *waits anxiously*

This morning, I yanked eJay off a filesharing tool... My opinions:

a) the EQ crackles... definitly a bad thing.

b) the flanger is a really nice effect! glad to see this one, always been a fav of mine when playing a DJM600

c) adjustable rates on the fader and pan, or even a manual pan.

d) monitoring really needs a cue fader like the numark mixers have... this would be a badass feature, one of my favs on the numark mixers... great for amateur DJs (atomix is a powerful DJ training tool, afterall!) ... a 'cue fader' is just like the crossfader, except fades the audio to the monitor rather than the main output, allowing you to hear what the mix might sound like before you do it live. It just doesnt cut it to hear only one channel when your cueing tracks, at least not for me. Monitoring has always been a big thing for me when it comes to spinning...

e) the sampler is nice... time to start making some of my own samples now :D

f) shortcuts, shortcuts, shortcuts!... what really needs to happen is an 'assign shortcut' function, where you first type a key then click the button and it becomes the shortcut. this would also make it very easy to create hardware control interfaces via the keyboard port. the level control sliders lack keyboard shortcuts though, or i cant figure them out. hehe.

a note on shortcuts on ejay:
pgup/pgdown : crossfader shortcut
+/- : pitch shortcut
tab : function/menu shortcut
backspace: toggle between a and b (replaces tab on 1.12)

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 1:29 am
This is quite shocking. On one hand, I'm very thankful that the Atomix Team has [finally] stepped up with solid information. On the other hand, without the great work and irony of the forum members, we probably would still be left clueless. This is indeed a bitter/sweet victory for all of us fans that continued to support Atomix despite being kept in the dark.

Having said that, I understand the business decisions that Atomix made in order to grow their company and their brand awareness.

In any case, now would be a highly desirable time to make it up to us, your die-hard fans. We don't expect the final right away [hell, the whole expectation thing died for us already] but keeping us informed from this point forwards would be a good first step. Being informed gives us a sense of security - being left in the dark makes us aggressively curious.

And you know what happens when we get that curious right?

;-)

Casper

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 1:34 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
So //nick nowI hope you believe me when I said you can't have the released version ?

As i'm currently testing this version I know we have NOT release it yet.

Maybe can we spak one day on an irc channel ?

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 6:29 am
For your shortcut keys idea, I suggest you to install Macro Sheduler... you can simulate that atomix has more shortcut keys.

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 6:31 am
thanks for the tip akira!

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 6:45 am
Yan-X, yes your right ! I hope you understand why I didn't believe you at first, but I've been doing some investigation and now I'm sure that I'm using the beta version ! I'll try to get in contact with you during the day !

// Nick

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 10:12 am
It will be a pleasure but Will you understand that I have to delete your old messages cause some of them contains 'false rumors' about this version ?

You can even contact me on Yannick@atomixmp3.com .

Have a nice day //nick

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 1:16 pm
Delete away Yan, it would be a good idea to get rid of the false information, there has been too much lately, plenty of it from myself :0/

Would you care to talk to me one day on IRC? I guarantee you that I will be respectful, level-headed and polite. I would just like to get to know you and understand more about Atomix in general. Maybe you could give me a time and place on IRC where you will be, or should I email you?

Also, I'm not a software programmer, so I don't know much about this, but as I have no external mixer, it would be really good if I could use the EQ controls in 1.2 when it comes out, in hardware mode for recording my mixes. Will that be possible, or is it done already/too late to implement it?

One last thing - can a release date or approximation be given now?

Cheers

MiXmAsTeR

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 2:27 pm
Yan-X ! Delete all the topics with the false information ! I wont mind at all ;)

Rgrds,

// Nick

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 3:20 pm
rite .. just bought mixstation
have not fully tested it so far tho i have not had it crashed ... yet!! all the new features seem fine to me and the sound quality seems to have improved. if i have any gripe it is aimed at the visual 'beat' window .. it lags a lot on my machine [which is no slouch] hope its sorted in our FREE final version ;o)
also appreciate some answers at last .. took fekin ages but the forum and its members deserve credit for fishing out the truth .. shame it had to come out the way it did but still
cheers

Posted Sat 27 Oct 01 @ 12:24 am
AcidBottle DjmixStation is not yet released (continue the debugging step)
we wait an answer from our partner.

Posted Sat 27 Oct 01 @ 1:01 am
Yan, sorry m8 .. i swear to god i have a boxed copy of this program ... i bought in in the high street at Electronics Boutique .. its on sale everywhere .. i even think i saw it at PC World. to prove it let me give u some feedback ..
Firstly the interface .. loads of new buttons .. right clicking on the equalizers [and dragging up & down] changes the output on these .. neat feature!! The audio effects make a huge world of difference .. panning, cut and flanger all do the business. Sound quality has improved, in my opinion, with the gain button giving more volume on those quieter mp3s. its also nice that the whole interface is now on display instead of having to cycle through the volume and pitch sliders. There are 3 new skins built in .. default, black & flash .. the default is too difficult to see with .. i prefer the black skins green and red waveform display tho the defualt skin has a nicer layout .. would like to see the default skin in black plz ;o) The package also comes with 500 samples to use in the sampler [accessed via the function keys] and also 20 free mp3s. Oh and the instruction manual has 39 pages!!
My major concern is with regards to the waveform display lagging .. my machine is fairly nippy and from what i understand the new version draws on more CPU power .. this is a small niggle that i can just about live with until its updated. lastly .. during a small mix last night, i found that the 'magic wand' failed to respond and the beats would not match. i had to use the arrow keys to match the beats, and with the lag i experience, it was slightly difficult to achieve. All in all tho im quite happy with it until the Atomix team decide to send us our free 1.2 upgrade [they still will wont they???????]
Reading Stephane's reply earlier i see that maybe the mixstation was not intended for release until a final version was sent to them. i hope ejay have not jumped the gun and released an old buggy beta .. i will call them and complain if they have!! Still, i hope big things start to happen, now the cat is out of the bag, so to speak, and we can all enjoy a new era of computer mixing. Take it easy .. cheers

Posted Sat 27 Oct 01 @ 12:59 pm
soz .. forgot to login .. above post is me :o)

Posted Sat 27 Oct 01 @ 1:04 pm
about those shortcuts suggested - they already work, try them

Posted Sat 27 Oct 01 @ 6:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)