Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: GREAT NEWS !!!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Right now a taxi is on it's way to me with the DJ MIXSTATION from eJay !!!! It will be here in less than 1 hour !!!

More news by the way !!! DJ MixStation supports 3D cards !!!!

I'll give you more information shortly !!!!

// Nick

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 3:09 pm
While we're waiting I'll give you some more details with the "interview" I've got with eJay:

1. It supports double soundcards / 3D cards
2. It isn't developed by eJay.... Hmmmmmmm....
3. It shipping right now, and will be in stores in 1-2 weeks (the version I'm getting now is one of the first copies available)

I'll promise, I'll give you the truth, the hole truth and nothing but the truth in a while !!!!!!!!

// Nick

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 3:22 pm
I'VE GOT THE SOFTWARE !!!! I'VE GOT THE SOFTWARE !!!!
I'VE GOT THE SOFTWARE !!!! I'VE GOT THE SOFTWARE !!!!

Stay tuned for more information !!!!!!!!

// Nick

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 3:29 pm
So, the first thing that happend when I started the program - the computer crashed...
Anyway, now it's running and what do we find in the bottom of the screen:

Technology provided by Atomix Productions - www.atomixmp3.com

So, now we now for sure.... More information soon !!!

// Nick

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 3:46 pm
Cool, the eJay logo flashes to the beat of the music.... Lots of different effects like flanger, pan, cut... Works fine and sounds great !!! Looks like you can put your own effects in the software...The bass-kill works great (activated with the right mouse button). Also the eq seems fine...

More information soon !!!

// Nick

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 3:50 pm
Hört sich gut an, wie siehts mitm Beatmatching aus??? BEsser als bei Atomixmp3???
GIB uns INPUT!!!!!!!!
lol

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 4:07 pm
Well, what more can I say... Worth waiting for, yes... This software is great and stable as promised... The only thing I can't figure out is why this had to be such a secret ? It's still a shame that we had to find this out ourselves, that you kept us in the dark and lied to us the way you did.
If this aint AtomixMP3 1.2, what else could it be ??!?!

I'm happy to be the one that bring you this news, and I'll be happy to answer all your questions !!! I'll be on this forum all night long !!!!

// Nick

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 4:09 pm
Sorry, I don't speak german ! ;)

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 4:11 pm
COOOOOOL thanx, one more question - hotkeys???

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 4:17 pm
Yes, the shortcuts are there... Havn't tried them all, but they seem to work the same way as they did in 1.12...
Havn't read the manual yet, but it looks like 1.2 (?) doesn't support more than 1 cuepoint / mp3...
Also, the MP3 database works fine with MixStation (guess what the filename is...!!!!).

// Nick

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 4:25 pm
No way, I'm pleased for you man, I just wish I had it too :0(

Somehow I don't think Ejay would be able to get it to me in Spain in such a short time.

First of all, is there any way you can find out a version number of the program? I am 99.9% sure that you are now using the full end release of Atomixmp3 1.2.

Secondly, why the hell aren't the paid-up users of Atomixmp3 using the new version right now?! I still think they agreed with Ejay to postpone releasing it to us until Ejay have got a market foothold. What else could explain it, and why else would they have been so secretive about it?

Anyway, enough of that, we're not going to get the explanations we desire for some time according to Yan, we're obviously not important enough.

So tell me, tell me, tell me, What's it like compared to V1.12??? Better sound quality, beatmatching? Does it skip at all like 1.12 does on some computers? I knew it would have the soundcard support.

Tried a recording yet to see what the recorded quality is like? I'm really jealous now. Tell me where you live so I can come to yours and takeover the computer ;0)

MiXmAsTeR

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 4:28 pm
Forgot to ask....How big is the file?

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 4:32 pm
Doh! Also, I was going to say that on the Ejay website, they say that DJ Mix Station supports multiple cueing points....?

Quote from Ejay webpage:
*Several cue points possible on each track*

Also, Atomix 1.2 was supposed to have multiple cue points...so if it is 1.2, it must have them...?

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 4:35 pm
Ooops, a crash (again) !!! I've got this error-number when I press "Select plugin": 77e16dc1:d1f7aef2... It says that I'm supposed to report it to the support team (eJay or Atomix)... Anyway...

I can't find any version number of the software, but yes, I'm also 99.9% sure that it's 1.2 running on my computer right now...

No, it's better to call directly to eJay - they will happily answer all your questions ;)

First impression is great ! Havn't compared the sound quality between the different versions, but I think 1.2 takes more power from the computer... Still, it runs very smoothly... Beatmatching is easier, you have a "flash" for each beat (as in Traktor) so it's easier to mix djungle or drum'n'base... I havn't tried to record anything yet, but it looks the same as it did in 1.12...

I'll have to go away for a while, I'll be back around 21:30 in this forum ! Let's see if we can find a chatroom somewhere later so that I can give you a "live" report !!! I can also provide with screen dumps etc !!

// Nick

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 4:43 pm
It's on a CD and it uses 241 Mb of my harddisk (incl. samples)... I havn't tried to install it without any samples...

And yes, there are more than one quepoint / track ! You can add/play them by using CTRL-(number) and ALT-(number) !!! Great !!!!

// Nick

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 4:46 pm
Been playing with the sampler-player ! Works fine... Also the quepoints... You add them by pressing CTRL+one of the numeric keys... Then you just press 1-9 to go to the quepoint...

Found some bugs !!! Yan-X and the Atomix-team, this is the reason why you should let us loyal users beta-test your software before releasing it ! Look, now this software with bugs is out on the market... If you had let us test it before the release, this wouldn't happen...

Shame shame shame....

// Nick

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 5:05 pm
You mentioned that it seemed like it takes more power from the computer. What are the system requirements? If listed.

Thanks...
Jim Nordic

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 5:12 pm
Hmm... Strange, now this topic is back online again (it was deleted for 5 hours)...

Anyway, this is the systems requirements I found for the software:

PC: Pentium, 233 mHz, 64 MB Ram, CD-rom drive
System: Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT 4.0, ME, XP, 100 MB free hard disk space
Graphics card: 800x600, 16 Bit colours
Soundcard: DirectX compatible (optional 3d soundcard or dual soundcard)

// Nick

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 12:25 am
Where did you find ejay mix station?

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 10:38 pm
found my copy in Electronic Boutique .. paid only a tenner 4 it cos i had a voucher :o) in short .. its on sale everywhere NOW folks .. happy mixing

Posted Sat 27 Oct 01 @ 12:52 am
91%