Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Question for Atomix Users

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've just finished building a 19" controller unit for use with Atomix (home-built, nothing official).

It sure rocks (faster than pointing a mouse on the right button)

It is 100% push-button based and currently features some basic controls such as:
pitch nudge left, pitch nudge right
pitch up, pitch down
magic sync, play, pause and stop

These features are on my controller twice (for the moment not really usefull as Atomix shortcuts are only applicable to the active player deck :-(( )

Apart from those functions it also features buttons to switch to the different windows (playlist, record, config, ....).

Anyone has any idea on what is missing in there which is already supported by Atomix and helpful in one or the other situation ?

My controller currently features 22 buttons, but it can technically handle up to 72, so I do have spare space.... ;-)

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Sun 19 Aug 01 @ 8:17 pm
That means you have enough buttons for the next version.

Posted Sun 19 Aug 01 @ 10:39 pm
One more thing I would consider adding that would greatly improve your controller's functionallity. There is an undocumented key in Atomix I have discovered. Pressing TAB allows you to quickly switch the active deck. Might want to assign that to one of your controller's keys. Also do me a favor if you would...email a picture of the controller to harryhood@softhome.net

thx

The Goner

Posted Mon 20 Aug 01 @ 6:52 am
Hey that seems pretty impressive, I was wondering if you could post a "how to" on how to make something like that if its not too much trouble or point us to some links, I know a lot of people that aren't technically skilled, including myself would want something like that.

Thanks

Posted Tue 21 Aug 01 @ 9:41 am
Just buy a damn mixer and hook it up... You have equalizers and many other gadgets to play with. I use my mixer for many of thing beside mixing music... I just use Atomixmp3 to find bmp and making playlist so I can bust it out on my mixer and turntables..
Buy a mixer man...

Posted Tue 21 Aug 01 @ 11:15 am
Hey it sound's excellent! I recently started on a USB controller also featuring a simulation of all keypadpress buttons.... BUT, one added feature I'm really battling with the class for the CROSSOVER slider simulation. "ONMOUSE_CLICK, hold drag..."
The controller has a built in crossover that passes the current slider position voltage to a PIC chip which then converts it to a data signal 0's and 1's. Quite handy for adding things like volume, gain and pitch knobs and sliders.
Anyone with solution suggestions or of another possible route to go other than this, please mail me it would be much appreciated!
whily@webmail.co.za

Posted Tue 04 Sep 01 @ 9:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)